Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie: Numbers great, no REM
RE: Newbie: #s great, no REM
Even people who have had 3-6 months of CPAP therapy and see some improvement will likely continue to improve. I have been at it for 18 months I still continue to improve. At age 57 I am noticing cognitive abilities that I don't ever remember having. Things that used to tie my brain in a knot I can now sort out.

Part of it is mental effort. It takes energy to expend the mental effort necessary to understand something complex. That's half the battle. The other half is simply possessing the cognitive ability necessary for comprehension. In some ways I think I've gotten less lazy as I've gotten older.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched yesterday from Systane Balance for daytime and GenTeal Nighttime PM gel to GenTeal Severe Dry Eye Relief Gel all day and for night. There was noticeable improvement! My eyes are still bloodshot this morning, but are not tearing and feel much better.

Also, last night I tried something I used years ago when I had insomnia trouble from life's difficulties. I changed bedrooms. Clean sheets, different bed coverings, harder mattress...fresh start. I am staying in the second bedroom for a few days! I should add: I have severe allergies and asthma and am on shots and Singulair. I use the ultra-fine filter on my CPAP machine and change it every two weeks. I run a Honeywell 50250 HEPA filter in my bedroom 24/7, keep the door closed, and the vent closed. My pillow, comforter, mattress, and box springs are sealed with dust mite-proof covers. I change my sheets every five days. There are no curtains or rugs in my bedroom, I brush my hair before bedtime, and I change clothes outside my bedroom. All of these environmental controls are the same in both bedrooms. I know it was all in my head, but I got up this morning feeling like I had actually slept.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw a second opinion ophthalmologist last week who prescribed Systance Balance for day and GenTeal Nighttime PM for night. My eyes were better, but still bloodshot. I switched to GenTeal Severe Dry Eye Relief Gel for both day and night. GONE, GONE, MY BLOODSHOT EYES ARE GONE!

I have slept in two four hour stretches for two nights instead of awakening every two hours. And I am awakening refreshed. It may be that it is coincidental, but I believe my eyes were bad enough to stop me from sleeping properly. It feels like a miracle!

Thanks to everyone for your support and suggestions...I have returned to the land of the living!

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on returning to the land of the living. It's amazing how many things we aren't aware of that interfere with our ability to sleep well and think well.

I used to have dry eyes and had the punctal plugs put into my tear ducts. This was before I was on cpap therapy. It wasn't a bad procedure and I can't tell they are there. Hopefully the gel you're using will keep working for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 12 39 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 131 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.