Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Question; Cleaning
Newbie Question; Cleaning
First time user of a xPAP and have a question about cleaning my machine, hoses, mask, etc.. The person at the equipment company indicated once a week I could simply place everything (well not the machine) in warm soapy water, rinse, and air dry. All of that seems easy enough, but what do I use to clean the actual machine or humidifier? Any assistance is appreciated...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie Question; Cleaning
the humidifier tank goes in the wash tub with the other stuff. no need to do anything more than replace filters and dust the outside of the rest - unless you have some situation like another poster did with roaches (shudder)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
good old unscented soap and water. MY humidifier water tank can go in the dish washer, but never really needed to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't use water temperatures that are hotter than you can submerge your hands in. Some of the plastics employed are low temp plastics. Use a damp cloth to remove any dust from the exterior.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cleaning and maintenance is fairly easy.
As far as machine, dust off weekly and change filters at least once a month.
It is recommended that you use distilled water in the humidifier chamber.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jonesbc19,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I soak my hose, mask and humidifier tank in warm, mild, soapy, )Ivory Liquid,) water once a week. I just wipe the machine down with a damp cloth when I think it needs it.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board, jonesbc19!

You will find opinions on what is best with regards to cleaning your equipment varying from member to member. Your manufacturer will state their views.

For me I spent the first 8 months being a little OCD and washing the hose, water tank and mask DAILY. Yes, 8 months! At some point in the 8th month I thought about the fact that the hose if blowing air out, not taking it in. So I dropped my acceptable washings of the 8 ft hose to once a week and now my daily tank and mask washing is a breeze. I use Johnson's baby shampoo and rinse twice a week in diluted vinegar water. Works well for me.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll clean my silicone nasal pillow set daily, and when I've used my old mask, I'll wash it after use, too. My skin oils will attack the silicone, and my first mask failed in a few months before I learned this. I just use liquid hand soap (Softsoap) and tap water. The pillow set goes back on the frame when it's dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies! Being new to all of this I just want to make sure that I am doing everything I can to make my CPAP therapy a success.
Post Reply Post Reply
I take off the hose and water tank to dry each day and then throw a shower cap w elastic band over the machine to keep out the dust.
My hose and tank are dry by the time I am ready to use them.
Then cleaning hose, mask and tank with Dawn and warm water once a week and wipe off the machine and look at the filter.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.