Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie. Second hand Resmed s9 user
RE: Newbie. Second hand Resmed s9 user
Hi MattMan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you start CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 11:04 AM)bonjour Wrote: I'll somewhat disagree with Ajack on Mask choice. If you know you are a mouth breather at night maybe, but in general Start with the ResMed P10, it is the easiest mask to achieve a good seal on and many mouth breathers shift to nasal breathing when under CPAP pressure.  Larger masks (full face) have more area to seal and thus more areas to leak from.  I always suggest starting small (Pillows and then advance to nasal then Full Face) moving to the larger masks.

Read the Mask Primer.

Definitely download Sleepyhead and post data asap.  The settings that Ajack are intended to be adjusted after seeing how your machine responds to you and your apnea.

Fred

It's just the machine came with 2 masks and it may be worth trying them both out to see what he likes and doesn't like, it makes buying a new one easier, In australia the tests and doctors are free, but most of us are self funding cpap equipment. getting a year or more out of a mask is common. I thought the FFM was the simplest option at this stage.

"It has come with a full face mask and also nasal pillows which have a removable, mouldable mouth guard. "
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 10:20 PM)ajack Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 11:04 AM)bonjour Wrote: I'll somewhat disagree with Ajack on Mask choice. If you know you are a mouth breather at night maybe, but in general Start with the ResMed P10, it is the easiest mask to achieve a good seal on and many mouth breathers shift to nasal breathing when under CPAP pressure.  Larger masks (full face) have more area to seal and thus more areas to leak from.  I always suggest starting small (Pillows and then advance to nasal then Full Face) moving to the larger masks.

Read the Mask Primer.

Definitely download Sleepyhead and post data asap.  The settings that Ajack are intended to be adjusted after seeing how your machine responds to you and your apnea.

Fred

It's just the machine came with 2 masks and it may be worth trying them both out to see what he likes and doesn't like, it makes buying a new one easier, In australia the tests and doctors are free, but most of us are self funding cpap equipment. getting a year or more out of a mask is common. I thought the FFM was the simplest option at this stage.

"It has come with a full face mask and also nasal pillows which have a removable, mouldable mouth guard. "

I missed that part, yes try the masks you have first, that is common sense.

sorry Ajack
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with using an old mask is the cushions and or pillows are probably worn out. At the very least they should be replaced or the mask might not work right. If you don't you might be ruling out a mask that actually would work with new cushions.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,543 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 126 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 208 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 188 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Cool [Pressure] Finally a Resmed user!!! Need Help!!! :) mrsleepyhead2001 2 182 04-01-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 510 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 210 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.