quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

RE: Newbie- See Doc Tuesday, Help I got my sleep study results
there is a distinct possibility that your sleep study could be described as inconclusive IF there was not enough contiguous (all at once) sleep time. usually the sleep study will make a note of the number of hours subject was asleep. if it doesn't mention the number of hours actually sleeping, the frequency of waking, heart rate min and max, and how long your O2 was below 88% (an established limit) - then the sleep clinic did not do their due diligence. RERA is defined as respiratory effort related arousal, and that is likely quite high is you are aroused once a minute (every 12 breaths approximately). That cannot be good for sleep effectiveness.

While you cannot get a CPAP machine without a prescription, you can buy an oximeter and software for under 150 dollars that will allow you to review the results of a night's sleep, both in heart rate and in O2 saturation. There are definite indications that show whether these routine interruptions impact your oxygen level. You already know they interfere with sleep.

I hope your doctor has the will to intervene on your behalf.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
02-01-2015 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  really confused newbie.. SKClay 6 139 Today 05:43 PM
Last Post: OldVet
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 232 Yesterday 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  sending sleep study to another doctor's office sleepytimegal 3 205 11-30-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 411 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 283 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  When is it time to get another sleep study done. duece12345 7 328 11-19-2016 11:51 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? SJGino 9 370 11-18-2016 11:55 PM
Last Post: SJGino