Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie: Severe CSA, OSCAR help request.
RE: Newbie: Severe CSA, OSCAR help request.
I have absolutely no ASV experience. This is just my observation and nothing more. You seem to be hitting between (rounded) 5/12 to 8/20 with a PS of 7 to 12. It appears to me that adjusting your settings to only encompass this range would begin to fine tune your therapy.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good to know, because that is pretty much in the ballpark of what I was thinking. Thanks, Red, appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
On future zooms please use mask pressure instead of pressure. It helps interpret when the machine is driving your respiration and see how it is responding/adjusting with each breath which I find to be quite helpful.

Can you post 2-3 typical pre-ASV charts (with oximeter data) to compare to.

Also can you post the 14th and 15th charts again showing MV and RR charts (can replace pressure and TV).

Overall I think the drops are happening during periods of central apnea/lack of respiratory drive. The one cluster of hypopneas from Jan 11th almost looked to have an obstructive quality to them though.

The increase from PSmin 2 to PSmin 4 appears to have helped reduce AHI and increase both ventilation and SPO2. I have a couple thoughts but would like to see above charts to confirm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your experience may be different, but I found I had to have EPAP around 10 or I felt like I was suffocating. I have tried PS of 2.5 to 4 minimum and 16 max. High (4.5 +) minimum PS was less comfortable. Now running 3, and it is reasonably comfortable. Most of my events are hypopneas, with a split between centrals and obstructive.
Congratulations on your new machine, and good luck getting it dialed in.
Post Reply Post Reply
My feedback? Is using a club on medical in control of this out of the question? I'm probably kidding.

Question 2: ask medical if they're willing to accept trainwrecks in CA and similar desats for themselves. No! Then why should you? Must be spiked tea or something because they can't be that dumb, at least I'd hope not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave: Thank you. It's definitely frustrating as I bet if they were the ones dealing with this, they'd get it.

LindanHotAir: Thank you for that feedback. It's always good to have someone else's perspective.

Geer1: OK I think I got everything for you. Let me know if you want me to zoom in on anything in particular (I will include last night's data at the very end).

7th November: CPAP 15, EPR off.

Full Chart (FR/MP/FL) | Full Chart (TV/MV/RR)

3h50m04s (42%) <90%
2m3s (0.26%) <80%
0s (0%) <70%
Min: 75%, Avg: 91%, Max: 97%

2nd Jan: CPAP 15, EPR off, 1L/min O2

Full Chart (FR/MP/FL) | Full Chart (TV/MV/RR)

1h48m16s (15%) <90%
4m22s (0.19%) <80%
51s (0.12%) <70%
Min: <70%, Avg: 92%, Max: 98%

14th Jan other views:

Full Chart (MV/RR) | Full Chart (TV/MP) | Zoomed (MV/RR) | Zoomed (TV/MP)

15th Jan other views:

Full Chart (MV/RR) | Full Chart (TV/MP) | Zoom 1 (MV/RR) | Zoom 1 (TV/MP) | Zoom 2 (MV/RR) | Zoom 2 (TV/MP)

Last night's data (16 Jan):

Full Chart (MV/RR) | Full Chart (TV/MP) | Zoomed (MV/RR) | Zoomed (TV/MP)

42m58s (6.9%) <90%
20s (0.05%) <80%
0s (0%) <70%

Min: 77%, Avg: 92%, Max: 98%
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 25 1,219 3 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.