Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Struggling with Exhaustion
RE: Newbie Struggling with Exhaustion
The instruction is for a min pressure of 7 and a max of 10 with EPR at 3. No one is recommending a constant pressure.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, this is what I thought was meant.  I will try that over the next few nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
The recommendation of changing min pressure to 7.0 and maximum pressure of 10.0 was well tolerated last night.  I did wake up a few times but nothing abnormal.  Something happened around 2:30 am that caused me to look at my phone to note the time.

How does my chart compare to the night before?  Should I continue for a few more nights at this current setting?  

Also can I set up OSCAR to show my flow limitations under the events tab?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The most significant change in your chart for March 14 is that your flow limitations have dropped to a 95% index of 0.15, which is still significant, but better than 0.20 to 0.24 previously. Your tidal volume has reached 380 mL/sec and tidal volume of 4.88 L/min. Tidal volume was previously 340 to 360 mL and minute vent 4.63 L/min. So you seem to be breathing better. The event rate and most other respiratory statistics are similar to what you had with a fixed pressure of 7.0.

After reading your comments that you need fixed pressure, I think you can take your choice of any pressure between 7.0 and 10.0 with EPR 3 and your results will fall into a very small range. There is very little change in your numerical results in that pressure range. Select the fixed pressure that is most comfortable to you, maintain EPR 3 and I think that is as good as we can expect on CPAP. It's possible that higher pressure support in bilevel would further relieve the flow limits, but your arousals are low at 7 or 10 cm.

All of your charts are showing the warning "Mode and pressure settings missing, yesterday's shown" . In Oscar go into the Data menu and select Rebuild Data and your machine. that should fix the problem with pressure not being correctly shown.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip for resetting my machine settings although it hasn't corrected it.  I liked the pressure ranging between 7-10 last night so I think I will leave it like this for now.

I just got an appointment for the Titration sleep study which is next Tuesday.  Anything I should know ahead of going into this?  I'm going to also ask my Dr. for a copy of my full sleep study.

On a sidenote, I'm not as exhausted today.  I feel a little bit more like a human.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 91 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 274 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.