Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another CPAP newbie with questions
Another CPAP newbie with questions
Hi everyone,
     So on May 4th of this year, I finally joined the ranks of an official CPAP ownerSmile  Having had issues with snoring and daytime somnolence, I figured I would get checked out. So, like many of you, I did the sleep lab assessment, followed by the titration study. Results indicated I have Moderate OSA with a preferred pressure at 14cm H2O on a full face mask.  Now, my first comment on that is that I'm not sure how they got that, because I felt like I slept only about 10 minutes that eveningSmile  What I do remember is having woken up to someone holding a leaf blower in my mouth (at least it felt that way).  I walked away with probably the worst sleep of my life that night. So, I was given a Phillips Respironics Dreamstation APAP and an Amari Full face.  Worked for a week or so, but since I am a side sleeper, kept on having issues and didn't feel good forcing me to breath through my mouth (i always thought I was a mouth breather). So, I tried the Wisp. Low AHI's (.5-1.5), but felt like inspiration was being hampered. Tried the large size, then leaks ensued. Finally, tried out the Dreamwear Nasal Pillows. I like the minimalist aspect, the comfort, and ability to sleep on the side. it also provides me with low AHI's (.4-1).  So that's the back story.  Now the issue...I have always awoken multiple times nightly, unsure why. Tossing and turning.  True insomnia or OSA.  I felt like after the sleep study this was due to awakenings as a result of having sleep apnea. But to be honest, it feel like my sleep has gotten worse.  I will usually get about 3-4 hours of sleep initially (9:45-2-2:30), and I habitually wake-up for some unknown reason.  Then, its almost impossible for me to return to a good sleep.  I've looked at Sleepyhead charts seeing if I can account for that, but it's relatively Greek to me. I've looked at RERA, but what I do have, seems to be at the very beginning of my night, and then no more. I've aligned pressure with the 90% (9cm) with a ramp of 7.  Still no change. I use breathe right strips to help, anti-histamines, exercise daily, good sleep hygiene, to no avail. 
    In closing, any thoughts and advice would help so much.  If I need to post reports, please let me know. I think I had better sleep without it, but know I need to continue for health reasons.  As a side note, i'm healthy, and take only multi-vitamins and an Anti-depressant (SSRI).  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another CPAP newbie with questions
Please post charts. See the organize link for which charts.

Post the full night plus several 3minutr segments, 1from your good pre break sleep and several random afterwards.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour...i certainly will when I get home this evening. Appreciate your help in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour

so I've attached last evening (not much however due to issues. I have also attached the two prior days. Not sure if this is what you asked for, but its a start hopefully.

Sorry..didn't add Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The full night gives us context, and in general sats awesome.  We really need to see detailed close up/short time-frame segments.  We are looking for something different. Maybe RERAs that are not flagged, maybe something else. These Left click on the charts until you have a 2-3 minute segment so we can see what is happening on a waveform level.

Look in the below wiki article,  The zoomed view is how close I want you to get.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 11 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 476 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.