Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F20 Mask Problems
RE: AirFit F20 Mask Problems
Everybody's facial structure differences can make finding a mask turn into a quest. You mentioned turning on your side, have you ruled out your pillow being the culprit?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2018, 07:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Everybody's facial structure differences can make finding a mask turn into a quest.  You mentioned turning on your side, have you ruled out your pillow being the culprit?

Oh, sure it’s possible, and it may very well be the cause. I just don’t remember having any leaks until after sunrise. Possible I slept through it but usually mask leaks wake me up. That’s why I was surprised by the numbers from sleepyhead. I haven’t checked my numbers from last night yet so I don’t know how I did yet. Same thing though. Slept all night and don’t remember any leaks until later this morning. If not for Sleepyhead I would think I was doing fine.
RedBarron

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first for the Jew, and also for the Greek [Gentile]." Romans 1:16 CSB
Post Reply Post Reply
back on the original topic: I use both the f20 airfit and airtouch. they both last me for months, i ripped one (airfit) one night when for some reason I ripped my mask off (bad dream i guess). The air touch seems to hold up better than the airfit and seals better as I roll from side to side quite a bit at night. It would definitley be harder to rip the airtouch.
Resmed autoset 10-Care thru VA 
F20 Airtouch-F30 my favorite  My Air and Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
i've jsut started having these problems with the Airtouch.
first 4 or 5 masks lasted 4-6 weeks minimum and went hard after that time, but never split. last 3 masks have lasted less than 1.5-2 weeks and have just split at the nose bridge and haven't shown any other sign of wear.
contacted resmed uk. they asked that i send the others back, which i did, and they have just sent out replacements to me.

maybe it was a dodgy batch? 
but good customer service from Resmed UK. hope the replacement batch last as well as the originals did.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,250 6 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,311 11 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,985 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,604 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.