Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie from Greece
These disruptions might be caused by leaks of Mirage FX, which in the first 2-3 days was (almost) impossible for me to tolerate.
It was too small for my mouth + nose, so it kept on giving me (lots of times) the feeling that I could hardly breath and it was leaking as well.

Last night I used Eson. Although I feel it might be a bit bigger than I need (Large) still it was great!...

No sense of absence of air, extremelly comfortable, never lost position although it was lightly strapped on my face and... above all: extremelly quiet!!!

I hope this new mask will give me the chance to adapt even better with my CPAP therapy and achieve great improovement much faster. Although Mirage FX is considered to be a very good mask, it didn't fit me and eventually didn't meet my needs and expectations.

Eson was great for me from the very first moment, I think combined with this German designed and crafted CPAP I'll be able to have a great beginning in my "CPAP way of life". A better life!...

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
yep.  pretty good results and definitely giving relatively good panel of data.  I hope you find you can use sleepyhead software, but the stuff you are getting is sufficient for us to supply our observations.

I like SleepRider's suggestions.

keep up the good work, now that you have a dreamy mask.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2017, 12:54 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: yep.  pretty good results and definitely giving relatively good panel of data.  I hope you find you can use sleepyhead software, but the stuff you are getting is sufficient for us to supply our observations.

I like SleepRider's suggestions.

keep up the good work, now that you have a dreamy mask.

QAL

Thanks a lot for your and SleepRider's comments. I really appreciate it!
I promise I'll keep you posted.

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Costas P,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I read your story, very interesting.
You have a great attitude which will go a long way toward your treatment.
I look forward to reading more of your progress.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy. It is good to hear that your machine is not a brick.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello my friends again!

My CPAP finally arrived today, companion for my first steps into this new world to me...

Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to introduce to you...

Weinmann / Lowenstein Prisma 20A Auto CPAP

[Image: rdqQNms.jpg]

[Image: GcO0cRr.jpg]

As you can see, right after the opening screen follows the usage screen: Operating hours = 0 h

[Image: twfjT7f.jpg]

and an overall view of it!...

All of them are night shots, so please excuse the grain and flashes of these photos.
I promise a full report of this CPAP in the corresponding section of this forum, Product Review / CPAP Machine Reviews.

Coming soon... in your screens!...

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing. I  googled the machine and it appears to have features similar to autoset machines available in the US. Wish you the best with it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Looks nice Costas. Best of success with it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your kind and motivating comments my friends!

Well, today I finished my 2nd night sleeping with my own CPAP.
Results are pretty good and encouraging: AHI 3/h, and mask leakage <2.5L/min (thanks to Eson nasal mask).
What has really impressed me at the moment:

1. Eson is extremelly comfortable (excellent fit, no leakages and very - very soft), almost silent, with superb ventilation and yet... so quiet! Unbelievable!... By far better than either PR Pico and Resmed Mirage FX that I've tried.

2. CPAP is extremelly comfortable too, meaning it's impossible to hear it working (manufacturer declares <26.5dB @ 10cm H2O). Also, I have absolutelly no "struggling" problems during my respiration, probably due to its algorithms making breathing almost... natural. No "suffocation" feeling at all. What has really impressed me is the fact that both mornings I woke up using this setup I turned on its screen and saw the air pressure I was using at that time: the values were from 10 - 12 and yet I had a very comfortable breathing. To be honest, while wakeing up I though it might have stopped... but it was working!.. at these values.

3. The comprehesive daily  report produced on screen give all the necessary information: Usage Time (showing hours of current night sleep), Therapy Quality (showing mean of AHIs/hour for the current night) and Mask Fit (showing the median of mask leakage in Lt/min). All these three reports have a "quick view" with check marks (1 to 3) and if you touch each one of them, shows a more detailed information (as described above).

Last but not least to mention:

I just "got" the PrismaTS software - full version bundle - including: prismaTS and... prismaTSlab (which is actually a full program, allowing complete online / realtime monitoring and operating of a series of Weinmann CPAPs - I assume for use in a complete night sleep monitorig lab). Of course it's accompanied with full documentation, help files etc.

I will install it and I promise to be back, with screenshots and comments, allowing you - obviously I'm refferring to all the expert members of this great forum - to judge its abilities.

Again, thank you very much for your very warm and encouraging comments.
We'll be in touch!

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
Good stuff. Sounds like you are well on your way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Beginning is half of everything! 
That's what ancient Greeks used to say. 
Smile

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rank Newbie Doza 98 3,261 5 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Well Rested Newbie sansnap 50 7,605 12-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: willow lee