Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie from Greece
RE: Newbie from Greece
My friends,

as I promissed earlier in this post, I'm presenting to you a review, I posted today, on Weinmann / Löwenstein prismaTS software.
In the following link you can read all about it:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid202122

I'm looking foreward to reading your comments!!!...

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2017, 04:42 PM)Costas P Wrote: My friends,

as I promissed earlier in this post, I'm presenting to you a review, I posted today, on Weinmann / Löwenstein prismaTS software.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid202122

I'm looking foreward to reading your comments!!!...

Costas

I just posted my review on Weinmann / Löwenstein prismaAQUA humidifier.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...humidifier

I'm looking foreward to reading your comments on this post too!!!...

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good, the software gives you your median and 95%, on the chart called splinting pressure. Going by that, if it were me, I would have your minimum around 9-10 and max 15cm. the idea being that the higher minimum pressure may stop a few of the obstructives. I would also increase the ramp/softstart pressure.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2017, 07:37 PM)ajack Wrote: Looks good, the software gives you your median and 95%, on the chart called splinting pressure. Going by that, if it were me, I would have your minimum around 9-10 and max 15cm. the idea being that the higher minimum pressure may stop a few of the obstructives. I would also increase the ramp/softstart pressure.

Thank you very much ajack about your suggestions! Cool

I think that increasing the ramp / softstart pressure would be reliefing for me, since sometimes, especially when my nose is a bit "closed" I feel I need more air, with my mask on. Also, at pressures of around 9-10 I feel really comfortable to breath. This is something I have noticed almsost every morning, when I wake up and check for the current values - shown on the display of the CPAP in real time.

As far as changing my range values, although I have a feeling that your suggestion might work better for me - I have the same "feeling" too - I cannot change them, since I have to comply with my Doctor's prescripted 7-14 cm H2O. I will be "evaluated" after 6 months, so I must keep it this way.

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
In that case, I would wait a few more weeks and get a better average. Then I would write a letter, telling him your median and 95% pressures and asking if a change of pressure would be advised. 6 months is a long time, normal is a weekly review for the first month. This is normally done by the people who gave you your machine. I would make further investigations, I wouldn't leave it for 6 months.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 05:29 AM)ajack Wrote: In that case, I would wait a few more weeks and get a better average. Then I would write a letter, telling him your median and 95% pressures and asking if a change of pressure would be advised. 6 months is a long time, normal is a weekly review for the first month. This is normally done by the people who gave you your machine. I would make further investigations, I wouldn't leave it for 6 months.

I agree.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 02:42 AM)Costas P Wrote: especially when my nose is a bit "closed" I feel I need more air, with my mask on. Also, at pressures of around 9-10 I feel really comfortable to breath.

If you have not already done: try softPAP set to 3 (or 4? - take the highest) ... that is the inhalation assistance where you get 1cmH2O more during inhalation phase.

I don't really know for sure - but your device should not keep records for longer than 2 weeks (or so) ... If I remeber correctly the maximum timeframe for imports which can be set in prismaTS lies around 2 weeks ... as there is no other software out there your physician can't see more than that.
If you are up for a re-eval in 6 months you have over 5 months to test whatever setting you want without anyone ever noticing.

besides: if you find the perfect pressure for you I seriously doubt that your physician would be mad at you .. in the end you spare him work^^ (there must be a reason why you were granted with the honor of PrismaTS - I know like a whole country where (nearly) everyone would give their 1stborn to get that too^^)
Post Reply Post Reply
send him a PM, he may have/will upload a copy of the cd software to a file site, for safe keeping. He may let you have a 'look' at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate PrismaTS for sooooo many reasons ... besides that SleepyHead is way better^^ (and I don't have a prisma - "just" the little brother)

but there is a more pressing matter to that: prismaTS likes to "call home" (very much) ... in germany we don't have something like "fair use" - we have a valid license or you're breaking the law - there is nothing in between. So, it really is a very bad idea to do that if you are in the very same judical domain.

(besides that: for us germans there is no way to get a "valid license" of that software - it's not a matter of money - Heinen + Löwenstein simply doesn't allow patients to get the software - and from what I've heard even doctors have to prove a lot before they are allowed to pay for it^^ (imagine that^^ ... and since we are the ones who invented the copyright-suing /~scam / ~ripoff thingy one should not put their luck on the believe that a company would not sue their own customers^^))
Post Reply Post Reply
My friends,

at this point I would like to clarify to anyone that I DO NOT HAVE A COPY of prismaTS at all. I never had one.
The whole installation took place at the Weinamann Seller's facilities, in Athens, from which I bought my Prisma 20A Auto CPAP and its peripherals, such as: mask (F&P Eson), prismaAQUA humidifier and a Weinmann heated tubing (still waitting for it).

Before I place my final order for the equipment, I asked them to show me the software, in order to evaluate the data it is "grabbing", and through this, estimate if Prisma 20A is a "brick" - or not. I made this clear, and they accepted to allow me have a full scale evaluation of prismaTS - AT THEIR OWN FACILITIES.

This is what happened: they allowed me to utilize one of their PCs ("my own"). They conducted me how to install and use prismaTS. Actually, they were with me all the time, explaining me the various screens of it, and its operation. They accepted to take some screenshots of it, the ones I've uploaded in my review for prismaTS, in order to demonstrate to you all members of this forum the "abilities" of this great (IMO) software.

After finishing this test, as you can all understand, of course I asked them for a copy of it, for my personal use. THEY REJECTED THIS STRAIGHT FOREWARD and informed me that they will ask Weinmann for their approval on issuing me - if my claim is granted - a legal copy of prismaTS.

By the time I was having this "hands on" experience of prismaTS, I was having for 7-8 days a Prisma 20A Auto CPAP, for an "at home" testing, as this had already happened with another CPAP I tried - for an equal period: Philips Respironics System One Auto CPAP - 60 series.

So, at this point, I was given the chance to "get to know" prismaTS, evaluate (using a set of my own data) the quality of its data grabbing (Prisma 20A) and data processing (prismaTS), and I was able to place my order, knowing for sure that I was buying a very good set of equipment.

I'm still waitting for Weinmann to make their decision on issuing a prismaTS software - for my personal use.

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 393 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.