Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie from Greece
RE: Newbie from Greece
(06-06-2017, 05:15 AM)ajack Wrote: I still think min 9-10 and max 14-15(1-2cm over the 95%) going by the averages you put up and allowing for the CA that are present.
I guess that's why I'm not on anyone's payroll Smile

May I ask what do you mean by your last sentence?...

I mean, what would be the profit for the Biomedical Engineer of Weinmann to give me the followin setup:

minPRES: 7cmH2O
maxPRES: 16cmH2O
softPAP: 2

This could help him in which way?... Could you please explain?

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
well ... as I said: I have not read anything about the difference of these 2 modes (or that there are this 2 modes)

I only know this because I was asked once (one single time!) if I know anything about that.

this is a Screenshot from PrismaTS (obviously in german) which shows the setting - I would translate it to sth. like "APAP control" or maybe "response"

If I would have to guess my money would be on making the response a bit "faster" - leaning towards how the AutoSet-Algorithm of ResMed works .... but once again: I have never seen this "in action" or read anything about it at all. ... could be very well that it does the opposite and leans more towards the "For Her" Algorithm.
(I took the ResMed-Modes just for comparison as they are very well documented)

I just pointed this out as you seem to be still in the "trial-phase" ... maybe you can figure this out and bring some light into this...

BTW: I really like your posts and how you share and describe your findings with the prisma Thanks
this really is "one of a kind" thread about the H+L Prisma.
Post Reply Post Reply
I mean he gets paid and employed to give advice and would be considered a professional, I'm doing this for nothing, unemployed, blogging and wouldn't have the same skills.
it might be a language thing, I was discounting myself
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2017, 05:44 AM)ajack Wrote: I mean he gets paid and employed to give advice and would be considered a professional, I'm doing this for nothing, unemployed, blogging and wouldn't have the same skills.
it might be a language thing, I was discounting myself

OK cause I was a bit confused. Regardless of you been considered not a professional I should underline the fact that you seem to have a vast knowledge on apnea, so your suggestions and tips are highly appreciated.

Otherwise you wouldn't be considered as an Advisory Member?... is that right?

Thanks  a lot for your interest and your comments!...

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2017, 05:35 AM)TBMx Wrote: well ... as I said: I have not read anything about the difference of these 2 modes (or that there are this 2 modes)

I only know this because I was asked once (one single time!) if I know anything about that.

this is a Screenshot from PrismaTS (obviously in german) which shows the setting - I would translate it to sth. like "APAP control" or maybe "response"

If I would have to guess my money would be on making the response a bit "faster" - leaning towards how the AutoSet-Algorithm of ResMed works .... but once again: I have never seen this "in action" or read anything about it at all. ... could be very well that it does the opposite and leans more towards the "For Her" Algorithm.
(I took the ResMed-Modes just for comparison as they are very well documented)

I just pointed this out as you seem to be still in the "trial-phase" ... maybe you can figure this out and bring some light into this...

BTW: I really like your posts and how you share and describe your findings with the prisma  Thanks  
this really is "one of a kind" thread about the H+L Prisma.

As I have already mentioned in my prismaTS software review, I was given the chance to install and use the software in the installation of the Weinmann Seller's office. I was presented to the basic use of the software and was given the chance to use it for a while, but I did not - obviously - get all the information about it!... as it is clearly shown in your screeenshot.

Most probably this is valid, but I did not have any idea on it. Most probably it requires the CPAP to be connected with the computer, or use the SD card with the configuration file. I will ask and see what I can find out about this option, and of course I will pass to you all the information I get.

Last but not least: thank you very much for your kind words about my posts on prisma 20A and its components that I've bought and beeing using for the last couple of months. My consideration, for writting about it, is that I would like to inform people about this equipement with as many details as possible - in case some of them are interested in buying this machine.

I remember myself trying to find ANY information about it in the Internet, while I was in search of a CPAP machine, and all I could find was information of the official site of Weinmann but... no user reviews and opinions on it. I hope my posts will help people be informed about these great German Auto CPAPs and broaden their knowledge and choises for CPAP machines.

Thanks

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
actually that Screenshot was shown to me as a "proof" - because I reacted the same way as you did.

The very same person insisted that this setting can be changed from the experts-menu in the device itself (where you can change the pressure, CPAP / APAP-Mode, etc.) - actually that is where he/she found it.
PrismaTS IS NOT NEEDED for that.

as far as "Advisory Member" = knowledge goes: ... well ... I can only speak for myself here Too-funny
But (I believe) it should more be seen as a "reward" for beeing active on the board and encourage in further engagement.
At least for me I can say that I'm not that knowledgeable ... the "crap-quota" in my responses is not necessarily lower than from a new member with just 1 post.
I'm also just a patient who made his own experiences - I'm happy to share and hope it helps someone else - if it doesn't I'm willing to learn, but that does not necessarily mean I get it right^^ Bigwink
(you can be wrong or right ... it's always 50/50 Dielaughing )
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2017, 10:06 AM)TBMx Wrote: actually that Screenshot was shown to me as a "proof" - because I reacted the same way as you did.

The very same person insisted that this setting can be changed from the experts-menu in the device itself (where you can change the pressure, CPAP / APAP-Mode, etc.) - actually that is where he/she found it.
PrismaTS IS NOT NEEDED for that.

My friend TBMx YOU ARE ABSOLUTELLY RIGHT 100% !!!!....

As soon as I read your last post I run to my prisma 20A Auto CPAP and entered the Expert's menu Settings for CPAP / APAP and.... yeappp!!!... Dynamic APAP setting has been accomplished with just a few ticks on the CPAP touch screen!...

Here are some photos I took during this process:

[Image: 1mEH8nY.jpg]
Just entered in the Expert menu, regarding CPAP / APAP settings...

[Image: Ek51PzX.jpg]
The initial configuration was APAP std as shown in the corresponding box...

[Image: mpgp1BF.jpg]
I just touched the APAP box and... YEAHHH!... APAP dyn just appeared on screen!...
All I need to do is tap on the right bottom "tick" and everything to confirm the new setting and APAP is ready to go!...

[Image: qBRDqEE.jpg]
So as you can see now the APAP setting has turned into dyn (standing for dynamic ?)...

Well!... the prisma 20A Auto CPAP seems to be full of surprises!... Now what I really do not know is which is the difference between standard and dynamic settings of this APAP. Tomorrow I will call my Weinmann Biomedical Engineer that supports me and ask hm details about this feature!... Needless to say that I'm gonna use this setting tonight and see what happens.

Anyone guessing what this might it be?... If someone knows or has perhaps a clue of s similar setting for another APAP machine, please comment and enlighten us all!...

I will surelly be back soon!...

Dear TMBx Thanks a lot!..   

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
half of what we know is wrong, we just don't know which half Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
yep. we surfed back and forth in search of knowledge, and displaying that to you is a job meant only to give you power over your treatment, but as far as advisory member is concerned you can see I always include the fine print, which just says we are considered useful to provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  It says nothing of any redeeming qualities in the medical experience category.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2017, 09:36 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: yep. we surfed back and forth in search of knowledge, and displaying that to you is a job meant only to give you power over your treatment, but as far as advisory member is concerned you can see I always include the fine print, which just says we are considered useful to provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  It says nothing of any redeeming qualities in the medical experience category.

QAL

But... I think this is prettty clear to all of us in this forum!
I never understood thing differently...

Bigwink

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 393 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.