Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie here...
Newbie here...
Hi!
i'm french but will try to do my best.
Yes I have a DMA but she don't listening me so I manage my own therapy since 2 months
Now I realy have a good ahi score like less then 0.5 mostly OS
i put myself in cpap mode EPR off
i'm on fix pressure 8

my concern is.....I don't feel good. Headache all day long and still tired....less then it was but still.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie here...
here a screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, et bienvenue sur le forum!

Most of the chart looks great... How long have you been using the Resmed for? If it's only been a short while, then it may take a while for the full benefits to be felt.

Your mean respiration rate (taux de respiration) is maybe a little high - the normal rate is around 12-16, and depending on how tall you are and your weight, your tidal volume (volume courant) might be a little low too. However your minute vent (vent. minute) is in the normal range, so maybe you are taking slightly quicker, shallower breaths?

You do have some consistent flow limits (limitation du flux) and that might be enough to make you feel unwell in some cases, though they're not SUPER high. The treatment for that, I believe, is to turn on EPR... but I'm sure someone will let you know.

Do you have a pulse oximeter that can record your oxygen levels and pulse overnight? Despite the lack of apneas on your chart, it would be interesting to see if you are having low oxygen levels during sleep as a lot of the headaches are caused by retained CO2.

8 is still fairly low pressure (it's a good starting figure). Do you have any sensation of being short of air at this level?

Do you have a copy of your sleep study from diagnosis? That (with personal details redacted) would also be useful if you do.

Do you have any other underlying health issues that might cause similar issues, like headaches and tiredness? Any medications?
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks
I had a screenshot for every epr setting....and one from the start when i had touch nothing from setting
not having oximeter yet.....i'm broke since chrismas lol

other screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
yeah fix pressure 8 its very low.....but when i go higher than that start to mouth breading
I did try different Epr setting to adjust mouthbreathing but Ahi was higher with it..... I know probably a lot of false positive can occure and i'm not sur if I made a good choice to put it off.

i'm comfortable to change that but at epr3 seem to me its rushing me breathing and having trouble to fall a sleep with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, in that first graph, you had a LOT of RERAs - these are basically apneas that were interrupted because you partially woke up before you stopped breathing completely because it got harder to breathe. It stands for Respiratory Effort Related Arousal (which might be Éveil lié à l'effort respiratoire, but my French is iffy, sorry!).

It definitely shows that your RERAs and Flow limitations are greatly improved in those last two graphs, which I imagine are EPR on 2 and 3? If so, then I would definitely suggest using at least 2, if not 3, especially as it doesn't seem to be causing clear airway events (i.e. central apneas).

Yeah, Christmas is bad for money! Do you know what your oxygen levels were like during the sleep study when you were diagnosed?
Post Reply Post Reply
ho damn brain fog lol
well i'm 5 feet 3 tall
210 pounds

I used to be 205 before apap....maybe hormonal stuff here

I feel fine with fix pressure 8....not suffocated and no short breath....sometime I did swallow some air when i'm awake I feel like it.....and at morning feel some stomach pain but not long.

I think it was 90% oxygene level
and my ahi was 17/hours
Post Reply Post Reply
the first graph its from the start epr was on 3.....
the settings was made from technician
Post Reply Post Reply
OK so yeah, your tidal volume is on the low-ish side, so that might explain the slightly higher rate of breathing, but that might be just normal for you.

Actually, there was some research I saw recently that shows that ironically, people tend to put on weight while on CPAP therapy, and that was definitely new, considering the old idea was that the sleep apnea itself would slow your metabolism and cause you to gain weight more easily, and treatment should help you to lose it... but that's not what happens, it seems.

OK if you are comfy on 8, stay there for now, and run with EPR at 2, if you can't tolerate 3 yet. Then see how you go. When did you start CPAP therapy?

Re: That first chart, I suspect that the RERAs, in that case, were because of the lower minimum pressure. 5 is normally way too low for most adults, so it's no surprise you were having a lot of RERAs. It would be nice to see what an EPR of 3 is like with the steady 8 instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
not sure when i did start since i don't have data.....i would say since october 5

If I put EPR on 2 do I have to increase my pressure to 2 as well.....8 to 10?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 104 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 184 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 163 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 488 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 185 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 275 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 258 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.