Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie here...
RE: Newbie here...
No, you don't have to increase your pressure. The EPR at two will give you a pressure of 8 on inhaling and 6 on breathing out. The minimum pressure has to be at LEAST 7 for an EPR of 3 because 4 is the minimum the machine can do, but at 8, you're fine.

I would hope that you would feel some benefits after a couple of months, but it can take a while if you have been struggling to get things sorted and balanced out.
Post Reply Post Reply
i can probably find one.....since i did a lot of change but one at the time.....let me research it
Post Reply Post Reply
here a screenshot of epr3 with minimum pressure at 7

screenshot epr2 minimum pressure 8

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That second chart looks pretty good. It seems like that was a good balance overall. It gave you enough range to compensate for everything but you got nowhere near maxing out the pressure... Your mean was pretty close to your minimum, though the 8.4 you have now is even closer. You had no real leaks apart from around 2:00am to 2.20am and that was with lower pressure so I doubt that pressure would have prevented that leak. Your RERAs are managed, and your flow limits are good...

Honestly, I would say that this would be a good starting point overall. Min pressure 8.4, max pressure 12 and EPR of 2 or 3, whichever you can tolerate right now. Do you remember why you changed these? It would be good to change to these settings for a few days and then see how your charts look, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your getting great advice from Ratchick, but remember when you make a change, give it a few days before deciding if it's a positive or negative change.

One day doesn't make a trend...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, exactly what OpalRose says, it will help to see your charts for a few days, at least, with consistent settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use to watch a lot of youtube for my research.
The idea of trying epr setting was from thelankyleafty27 channel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, it's a good idea for RERAs and high flow limits. So maybe try those settings I suggested and we'll look at your charts over the next few days. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes will try for sur!
Im just realise that i try epr only on auto pap
With a fix pressure maybe see better what happenning with the flow limitation
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 132 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 191 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 297 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.