Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie here, Pillow, Nasal or Mask? And my condition
RE: Newbie here, Pillow, Nasal or Mask? And my condition
(05-19-2017, 12:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: OK, some hints and musts for your research.
Read the Mask Primer, 
Another newbie here.
Please tell me where I can find the mask primer?
Thanks
David
Post Reply Post Reply
Go back to bonjour's response and click on the link that says "mask primer" in his signature area.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2017, 10:30 AM)sleepyBuzz Wrote: Go back to bonjour's response and click on the link that says "mask primer" in his signature area.

Thank you

David
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 09:02 PM)Andy J Wrote: I used to be a mouth breather, but after getting set up on the CPAP, I no longer am.  If you do go with a nasal pillow or mask, I'd recommend getting something you can switch to for mouth breathing for when you have a cold or are otherwise stuffed up.  I use a P10 99% of the time, but am glad to have my hybrid mask for when I do get stuffy.

I agree with Andy.

I thought I was a mouth breather, but a nasal mask is what works best for me.  I automatically learned the tongue technique withouteven realizing what I was doing.

I love the nasal masks I use (DreamWear and P10), but have a FFM (Amara View) for backup if I am having a night where I really want to breathe through my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also started out as a mouth breather . When they did the titration  Iwas given a nasal mask (wisp). When i got my own i got a fullface mask. I prefer the full face so far . The reason is that the nasal mask kept riding up my nose and felt like it kept plugging my nose. Another thing is to me the nasal mask is louder to me I hear the air mor.  The ff is more quit and dose not move on me. I find it easier to breath even though I now breath through my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 09:10 AM)TASmart Wrote: Your choice is mask is a personal thing. I have poor results with Pillows, but  most people love then to death. FF are very useful is you cannot keep your mouth shut when sleeping, personally I have to resort to a chin strap to keep my mouth shut. I am thinking it may be beneficial during the day too as I can get in some social trouble over blurting out comments.
Your last comment......HAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious!!  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 97 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.