Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie here - Sleepyhead questions
Newbie here - Sleepyhead questions
I have so many questions I don't know where to start. I'll ask a few. I loaded the sleepyhead software and would like to know how to make the reports visisble here so that I can get help from you guys reading it. Also, on my first data download today, the date on the overview graph only went to the 19th, yesterday, and there was no graph to see.

I'm in my third week of this. I tried nasal mask first and it rubbed my nose bone raw. Used my first mask exchange and got nasal pillows. I like them but am awakened periodically with moth breathing. Last night I actually taped my mouth shut. The sleepy head software showed that I had 24 AHI's and scolded me and said call my doctor.
Earlier today(before sleepyhead report) I had an appointment and my doc (nurse practictioner) upped my pressure from 15 to 17 on my Airsense auto set. Suggested I go to a full mask. Dont want to fork out the 250$ yet. I didn't get to see the doc, who as me to come in, because another doc of mine talked to her, and the sleep doc told him that I may need to be on bipap. Didn't see her today though. My question is what is the major difference in CPAP and BiPAP. (I already bought the CPAP machine.) My diagnosis was OSA 20 episodes, and Central Sleep Apnea, minor range.
Whew! That was a lot. What other info do you need to help me figure this out.
Thanks a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie here - Sleepyhead questions
Hi roy1962,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and getting it fine tuned to work for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Roy! I use the same machine as you, but mine has an upper and a lower level (APAP enabled). Be assured that if your sleep study AHI was 20, lots of others here had far higher numbers. It sounds to me like your 20AHI should be quite treatable. Did they do a titration study to identify a pressure of 17? That can be hard to get used to.

Give your DME a heads up that someone is mentioning bipap; maybe they can exchange the machine for you if you need it. Others here can give you good guidance for posting your data. And explain better the differences between CPAP and BiPaP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Roy1962!

Graphs - Try right-clicking in the graph area.
Dates - The date is the night of when you went to bed, not the day you are viewing the data.

Here are some links to help you get started.

Sleepyhead Beginner's Guide:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid73182

Sleepyhead Tips and Tricks:
http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i..._Shortcuts

* Just in case you are a Win8.1 user.....
How to disable System Volume infor in Win8.1:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/prevent-sy...folder-usb
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. Also I am using Win 8.1
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 05:25 PM)roy1962 Wrote: Used my first mask exchange and got nasal pillows. I like them but am awakened periodically with moth breathing. Last night I actually taped my mouth shut.

I use a full face mask, but I have more trouble with breathing in cat fur he he he. Gotta be careful when you sleep with feline night visitors.

Check around the forum for method using tongue to teeth as this seems pretty effective for most pillows users.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I have not got a full mask yet. I am continuing to try the nasal pillows and the nasal mask with chin strap. ( I confess I breathe through my mouth at times)Since last Tuesday when they changed my pressure from 15 to 17 I have woke up with awful acid reflux. So much so that yesterday morning I had to throw up.
I needed to this morning but diddn't. I have never had acid reflux. Also my stomach appears to be bloated as if air is getting in my stomach. Is that normal. I am having a really hard time with this. Is a new doctor in order perhaps? Oh-jeez
On a positive note I have not had any morning headaches.
Thanks,
Roy
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing. Will someone please give me tips on inserting the correct screenshot so that you guys can review it and help me understand it better.
Thanks a lot!
Roy
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I

This link has all the details in it!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 05:25 PM)roy1962 Wrote: Also, on my first data download today, the date on the overview graph only went to the 19th, yesterday, and there was no graph to see.

I also just installed SleepyHead and get empty graphs in the Overview tab. If I click on a graph with the mouse then they all get populated. I assume this is a bug with the most recent version (0.9.8-1).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 123 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Newbie to CPAP but going to use OSCAR Jimmy Lotus 4 748 08-31-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar Newbie looking for help weldon123 6 1,069 08-24-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Nehpets
  Oscar newbie here needtobreath 2 465 08-23-2023, 06:40 PM
  Newbie. Airsense 11 SD card DeputyDawgAtl 20 12,515 05-15-2022, 06:14 AM
  Newbie trying to install OSCAR on old MAC gabsleep 5 909 03-26-2022, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Oscar advice for a newbie Shazbat 4 641 09-04-2021, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Shazbat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.