Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie here - questions before getting machine
Welcome, your case sounds very similar to mine. Overweight, very loud snorer, AHI of 16.9 at sleep study. First night on therapy I had an AHI of 1.12, and I've never been above a 2 since. So hopefully you will do well with your therapy right off the bat.

I also used to toss and turn sleeping, but that was because I was struggling to breathe, lol. Now that I am getting enough air, I find more often than not I wake up in the same position I went to sleep in.

Good luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still waiting for the initial meeting with my DME office, so I'll be asking all the questions about that once I'm scheduled.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a call from my DME. Looks like they're going with a ResMed Air Source 10 Auto with the Philips Dreamwear nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

OK, that's a good machine (it's actually AirSense, not Air Source). As mentioned above, make sure you can exchange the mask if the Dreamwear doesn't suit.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ozone can cause burning in high levels or long exposure.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Newbie overlap 3 86 2 hours ago
Last Post: trish6hundred
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 56 25,336 7 hours ago
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Rank Newbie Doza 98 3,375 12-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Well Rested Newbie sansnap 50 7,618 12-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: willow lee
Cool Questions Regarding Machine Rental jrdnduvall 18 641 11-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: enlyghten
  What's with this newbie data? HalfAsleep 87 2,856 11-21-2017, 01:22 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie and Lost ScottyV1956 10 313 11-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Last Post: ajack