Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie here waiting on my Cpap machine! Have questions
RE: Newbie here waiting on my Cpap machine! Have questions
Thank you so much for the info ! What do you mean by due date lol?

Since you asked, I just made this up:
The day you birth the expensive thingy you're stuck with for life.  Congrats  
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2017, 07:05 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Thank you so much for the info ! What do you mean by due date lol?

Oh lol I love it ! Not in my hands yet but soon I hope. Thank you ...;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me 5 weeks to get my machine from apria. Since I'm on Medicare they needed a copy of the titration study from my Dr. which was faxed 1 week after the prescription. Then they either lost it , or ignored it, or blew their nose with it, because they couldn't find it. Somewhere after the second week of dealing with them, I started calling every other day. Ultimately they got the titration study either the third or fourth time it was sent (once from the local apria office) and the "qualification team" approved the device and I had it 3 days later. Now my case is slightly more complicated because I need a bipap with ASV machine due to having complex (central + obstructive) apnea, but the real problem is the apria bureaucracy. The local office, which is a one mile golf cart ride away, was very accomodating, as was the regional office. One of the major annoyances is the local office phone number connects you to the national call center in Arizona, where you have to explain your problem to a new person each time you call.

Enough rambling - one of the best things you can do is get in contact with your local rep. You might have to wheedle the contact information from your sleep Dr., but your local rep should be able to expedite things greatly. She did for me.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2017, 08:07 PM)debwis42 Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 07:05 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Thank you so much for the info ! What do you mean by due date lol?

Say, debwis... For clarity of follow-up quotes.... See the quote box when you write a response? Write your comment below the box, like this one.  It took me a while to figure this out...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2017, 09:09 PM)tjwoody Wrote: It took me 5 weeks to get my machine from apria. Since I'm on Medicare they needed a copy of the titration study from my Dr. which was faxed 1 week after the prescription. Then they either lost it , or ignored it, or blew their nose with it, because they couldn't find it. Somewhere after the second week of dealing with them, I started calling every other day. Ultimately they got the titration study either the third or fourth time it was sent (once from the local apria office) and the "qualification team" approved the device and I had it 3 days later. Now my case is slightly more complicated because I need a bipap with ASV machine due to having complex (central + obstructive) apnea, but the real problem is the apria bureaucracy. The local office, which is a one mile golf cart ride away, was very accomodating, as was the regional office. One of the major annoyances is the local office phone number connects you to the national call center in Arizona, where you have to explain your problem to a new person each time you call.

Enough rambling - one of the best things you can do is get in contact with your local rep. You might have to wheedle the contact information from your sleep Dr., but your local rep should be able to expedite things greatly. She did for me.

Good luck.
I actually went in person to the DME and introduced myself to the rep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
(09-16-2017, 09:26 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 08:07 PM)debwis42 Wrote:

Say, debwis... For clarity of follow-up quotes.... See the quote box when you write a response? Write your comment below the box, like this one.  It took me a while to figure this out...

Oh cool thank you ! I was wondering how to do that !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 1 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 156 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 307 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.