Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New ResMed Airsense 10 Pressure Problem
Question 
New ResMed Airsense 10 Pressure Problem
I have been a CPAP user since 1997.  My most recent CPAP was a Resprionics System One with Humidifier.  I had been using it faithfully for three years when I started have problems with the machine.  Pressure would start out normal then after 2-3 hours the pressure would decrease until there was no positive pressure.
Working through my doctor's office, it took approximately a month to get a replacement CPAP machine.  We have CIGNA healthcare through my wife's employer and our CPAP provider is Apria in Tucson, AZ.
When APRIA called to let me know I could pick up my new CPAP, a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, I asked for a face to face with someone to explain the features of the new machine.  They finally agreed but I had to go through the 800 phone number and wait for the local office to call (they won't provide the local office phone number)
(APRIA does not give one the user a choice of CPAP machines so it is take what they give you or take nothing at all)

The first night I used the ResMed machine, it started out fine at the pressure setting of 16.  Approximately an hour after drifting off, I woke up because the machine was no longer putting out a positive pressure, similar to the machine it replaced. 
I am using a full face mask, having recently switched from a nasal mask with a chin strap to keep my mouth shut.
The autoset feature is not enabled.
I called "APRIA" and they said they could only check the pressure when the machine was turned on but couldn't / wouldn't be able to check it after an hour or two of operation.
I keep trying the ResMed Airsense 10 but keep getting the bleeding off of the pressure after an hour or two.
I end up swapping an even older Resprioinics CPAP machine into service so I can get a full night of sleep (it has noise issues but works fine)

I have an appointment on Monday for them to check the machine but anticipate I will be getting a less than satisfactory explanation.
None of the reviews I have read for the Airsense 10 have mentioned any problems with the pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed Airsense 10 Pressure Problem
Post a daily chart from SleepyHead.  Load a screenshot to IMGUR and provide a link  with a space for now.  htt p://imgur.xxxxx.png

This will allow us to see what is going on.
Include Flow Limit, Leak, Pressure, Events, Flow, Snore, and AHI charts for now.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset is a good machine and more aggressive with pressure than the Philips. It sounds like you're using fixed CPAP pressure in CPAP mode. Maybe try switching to Autoset mode and setting minimum at 16 and maximum at 16 if that is what you want, otherwise try a wider range. The point is to see if the machine shows the same problem in Autoset mode. If so, it is a bad "pneumatic block" which is the blower motor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2017, 10:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Normally the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset is a good machine and more aggressive with pressure than the Philips.  It sounds like you're using fixed CPAP pressure in CPAP mode.  Maybe try switching to Autoset mode and setting minimum at 16 and maximum at 16 if that is what you want, otherwise try a wider range.  The point is to see if the machine shows the same problem in Autoset mode.  If so, it is a bad "pneumatic block" which is the blower motor.

Thank you for the response.  I will try the Autoset mode tonight as you suggested.  At first I thought it might be the Autoset but realized it was not enabled.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not that optimistic that this change will work. It sounds like a warranty issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi spookyac47,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with getting your machine problem straightened out.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,848 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,839 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.