Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie here waiting on my Cpap machine! Have questions
Newbie here waiting on my Cpap machine! Have questions
Hello everyone, I am newly diagnosed with OSA . Waiting impatiently for my Cpap machine . The DME Im going through is Apria . I really shouldn't have read there reviews lol. My Script was sent to them on August 31, and I still keep getting the same story " it's processing" . I am beyond frusterated because I was told it would be 5 days! I just want to get this show on the road and start sleeping at night. 

I was told they would either deliver it fedex or set me up in a group appointment. 

They also said I am getting the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. 

Does anyone know what else I need to know about the machine ? What comes in the box? Is the tubing climate control? They were very shady on telling me anything.

Thank you in advance . This forum seems very informative.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie here waiting on my Cpap machine! Have questions
(09-16-2017, 02:40 PM)debwis42 Wrote: Hello everyone, I am newly diagnosed with OSA . Waiting impatiently for my Cpap machine . The DME Im going through is Apria . I really shouldn't have read there reviews lol. My Script was sent to them on August 31, and I still keep getting the same story " it's processing" . I am beyond frusterated because I was told it would be 5 days! I just want to get this show on the road and start sleeping at night. 

I was told they would either deliver it fedex or set me up in a group appointment. 

Does anyone know what else I need to know about the machine ? What comes in the box? Is the tubing climate control? They were very shady on telling me anything.

I echo the same questions! Great one: what comes in the box.

I am getting the "for her" model.

My DME said it was going to take 3 days to process. After 10 days, I emailed their corporate office that I would take my business elsewhere unless they were responsive. They got their act together in, like, 5 minutes.

While you're waiting, I started a couple of newbie threads that may be helpful: what supplies to have on hand the moment the machine arrives, whether to use a surge protector, hose length. There's a lot of discussion about masks, including a mask primer. I figure I need it all so I can be ready for the big event.

What's your due date?
Post Reply Post Reply
debwis42, you are getting an outstanding auto CPAP machine. You will want to check that it has a SD card in the slot located behind a small door on the left top side. I think it is common to dispense the machine with the heated Climateline tubing, but if it is not in the prescription, they may issue standard tubing. It's not expensive to buy heated tubing, and you can always get your prescription modified to include it by complaining about condensation. In the box is usually a nice travel/carry case, owners manual, AC power supply, CPAP, Humidifier chamber and Resmed brochures. Tubing and a mask (frame, cushion, headgear) are usually provided separately. If you pick it up in person, you might be able to choose and fit masks which can help. If you are getting nasal therapy, you might express a preference for nasal pillows over nasal mask. Sometimes that is part of your titration study or prescription.

Get printed copies of your sleep study(s), and prescription, and retain paperwork from the dispensing of your CPAP equipment. It is very important you manage your own records because you will be using CPAP for many years to come. Having these records helps you avoid future sleep studies, delays and expense. Don't assume they will be saved for you. A sleep study is expensive and inconvenient. You really should never need another one unless you don't have the documentation. If your insurance has high deductibles, you can consider purchasing some of your own supplies, or reducing the "recommended" replacement interval for filters, mask cushions, headgear, tubing, humidifier chambers etc. Most of this stuff will last a very long time if properly cared for. If you have hard water, get a gallon of distilled for the humidifier, otherwise tap water is perfectly safe. Download #Sleepyhead software, and request the setup manual for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset from the forum. It's free and lots of very good information there: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
debwis42,

Welcome to Apnea Board. And welcome-ish to Apria's world of DME. That's short for durable medical equipment AKA your equipment provider.

My suggestion about Apria is keep calling every day/every other day to keep reminding them you're waiting on the machine, etc. I had to do this myself. Once I got established with my local office it got lots better. I communicate with the local people via email; as you may notice even a local office number dumps you into Apria customer services automated voice response system.

Sleeprider says it better than I did. So I'll stop with that Apria info.

Best to ya,

Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi debwis42,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you get your machine soon. Keep calling Apria to check on it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the info! What do you mean by due date lol?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2017, 03:05 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 02:40 PM)debwis42 Wrote: Hello everyone, I am newly diagnosed with OSA . Waiting impatiently for my Cpap machine . The DME Im going through is Apria . I really shouldn't have read there reviews lol. My Script was sent to them on August 31, and I still keep getting the same story " it's processing" . I am beyond frusterated because I was told it would be 5 days! I just want to get this show on the road and start sleeping at night. 

My DME said it was going to take 3 days to process. After 10 days, I emailed their corporate office that I would take my business elsewhere unless they were responsive. They got their act together in, like, 5 minutes.

While you're waiting, I started a couple of newbie threads that may be helpful: what supplies to have on hand the moment the machine arrives, whether to use a surge protector, hose length. There's a lot of discussion about masks, including a mask primer. I figure I need it all so I can be ready for the big event.

What's your due date?

Thank you so much for the info ! What do you mean by due date lol?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2017, 03:05 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:

What's your due date?

I should be getting it sometime next week . once I get it I will put the info in my profile. And Im sure I will have more questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you read the links in my signature. The mask is at least as important as your machine, so read the Mask Primer.

Questions ask!! don't wait.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you in regards to the mask info. I will be checking them out now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 287 04-19-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 408 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 211 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,212 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 250 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 131 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 212 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.