Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie in the sleep apnea world
Newbie in the sleep apnea world
Hi,

I’m a newbie in the sleep apnea world and I just want to have hope from other users like you.

Is been two weeks now that I’m using my APAP machine the ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and I changed mask 4 times to finally get the Amara view that is really comfortable for me. I’m using it all night for an average of 8 hours.

I don’t know my pressure range that will be required for me, my 2 weeks follow up is tomorrow. For now my pressure is between 4 and 20 H2O in automatic mode. I put my humidifier at the level 5 and my climate air tubing at 81°F.

I start yesterday to put the EPR constant and at the level 3. I slept better yesterday but I still have some annoying headache. Is this normal and will go with the time???

I know I’m not the type of person that has a lot of patience … I’m I the only one that is more sleepy and in worst shape after two weeks of therapy?

Thank you and have a nice day!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie in the sleep apnea world
4-20 is what we call "wide open" and your doctor should adjust that. 4 is very low and most people need it to be around 6-7 to not feel starved for air.
Yes the headache should go away with adjustment, My doctor said mine was caused by to much CO2 in my system.
Once you get your therapy pressure dialed in, you then have lots of options on comfort settings to make things even better. (you can adjust those).

Make sure you tell your doctor about the headaches especially if the doctor does not raise your 4 starting pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you PoolQ!

By the way my IAH is 15-20 when I sleep on the side and 30-35 on the back. I'm moderate like they say.

Will see what will happen after my follow up of tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rousseau21,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Your headaches should go away over time., you should mention this to your doc
Good luck to you at your follow up tomorrow.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you trish6hundred !

I had my 2 weeks follow up this morning and like you suggest PoolQ ( like ) we increase the starting pressure to 7 but let the higher one to 20 for the moment until we have a longer historic and it’s still in automatic mode.

My inhalotherapist told me like you PoolQ that my annoying headache should go away pretty soon.

I'm on the good way for a better life according to doctor and long CPAP users!

To give me an average, how long it took you CPAP users to feel all the good benefits of the CPAP therapy?

Thanks and have a nice day!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 291 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.