Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie looking for guidance...
RE: Newbie looking for guidance...
Yes, when you zoom in on individual breaths on the Flow Rate chart, ideally you would see a rounded top. The ideal Flow Limitation chart would be a complete blank, but short of that you are looking for both smaller and fewer FLs.

I have a lot of FLs myself, probably due to nasal congestion. (I’m working on that via allergy shots.) When I zoom in on the occasional 10 minute stretch with no FLs, I can see nicely rounded tops, but then when the FLs kick back in, the tops will have two humps, or a pointy peak, or a flattish top. (I think of them as fedora, dunce-cap, and top-hat.)
Post Reply Post Reply
More important is how you feel? Looking for symptoms.
Ideally you would have no Apneas, hypopneas, flow limits, RERAs,or snores.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dormeo and Bonjour for answering what must be mundane questions to you!

Dormeo, your allergy shot comment makes me wonder ... maybe mine will improve when I start my trip and distance myself from local allergens.  You suppose?  May be interesting to watch.  I know my little doggie is suffering from allergens.

Question 1:  Is there any problem in switching to a different sd card?  I've been using the one from my camera, but lo and behold just found one in a brochure that came with my Resmed unit.

Question 2:  Would losing 10 pounds cure flow limitations?  That's about all I could shake off.

Bonjour, I've been kinda normalish.  Not super-duper, but okay.  Haven't had a nap in the afternoon for weeks now.  That's a change.  On trips, I've been known to stop for a snooze two or three times in a couple hundred miles.  Will be interesting to see if that changes.  I'm overly cautious as I fell asleep driving late one night right out of high school.  No injuries, but that fright has served me well for a lifetime.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 02:03 PM)Insopita Wrote: Thank you Dormeo and Bonjour for answering what must be mundane questions to you

Question 1:  Is there any problem in switching to a different sd card?  I've been using the one from my camera, but lo and behold just found one in a brochure that came with my Resmed unit.

No problem changing cards. After sleeping with your machine, place your existing card in your computer and load OSCAR and read your data, next put the card away, then place the Resmed card in your machine ready for your next nights sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to add that I use to remove and reinsert my SD card while my machine was connected to its power supply. After a few failed SD cards, I found that after reformatting them and disconnecting the power supply prior to its removal and reconnecting power after reinserting, the cards never had a problem again. Since this procedure involves an additional 3 seconds, I would recommend it as additional insurance.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape for the suggestion.  I will follow suit....
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, had a real good (for me) sleep last night.  I actually feel, well, joyful, hopeful, anticipating the day!  I'm smiling!!! 

Question:  As time moves along, will I get so I can sleep the night through? 

[attachment=12563]
Post Reply Post Reply
Very nice! How do you feel? About sleeping through the night; Yes, I've found that the act of putting on the mask now signals my mind to go to sleep. I think I could now sleep hanging from a coat hook if I had my CPAP on. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too-funny Funny!  Hope I get to that point.  Rather than taking my Kindle full of stories to bed, I've been taking a Latin textbook, trying to decipher a few paragraphs.  Rather boring!  Trying to bore myself to sleep.  I feel good today!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Bonjour, et al.  Just checking back in after driving from Calif to Fort Worth.  I've been faithful using the cpap and am wondering if there's anything more I can do to eliminate flow limitations.  I've been sleeping near 7 hours in spite of the HOT nights across the desert. Still awakening too many times at night.  I'm feeling okay, not super-duper, but okay.

Silly me, I thought since the weather was so hot, the unheated hose would be smart.  Whoa, I awoke so dried out it was awful.  Been using the heated hose ever since.  Is there a way to use humidity without using the heated hose?

[attachment=12907]

[attachment=12906]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 93 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 107 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 439 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 237 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 269 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 153 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.