Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie looking for help
RE: Newbie looking for help
Be careful, as not all S9's are fully data-capapble. Stay away from any S9 that has the word "escape" in its name.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paul, just to be specific you should know that it's the ResMed S9 Autoset that is auto and fully data capable. That word Autoset is displayed next to the on/off button on the machine. The Autoset model can be used in the auto mode, which means it can change pressures during the night (within the set pressure range you or your doc select) to provide pressures that control your apneas. The Autoset may also be used in straight CPAP mode providing only one constant pressure.
Another model, the S9 Elite, is also data capable, but it is only a constant pressure CPAP. The S9 Escape is also CPAP only and not fully data capable.
Hope this helps further define the choices.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 10:00 AM)PaulCarrick Wrote: Based on your comments I think I've decided to go with a ResMed S9.
The S9 Autoset is good machine but if paying cash out of pocket you want to look at the PRS1 Auto which is as good and cheaper than the the S9 also its data capable machine and supported by SleepyHead software which you can download from this board.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the PRS1 is much cheaper.

Also, there's the S9 Escape Auto, which is an autoPAP but does not collect data. You can view it on the screen, I think. Basically, don't be like me and accept possession of a brick.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 267 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.