Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moisture in Hose
Moisture in Hose
How does anyone dry the inside of the hose after washing this time of year? I washed mine, hung it up to dry and it still has droplets inside.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moisture in Hose
Few droplets won't hurt but you can whirl it round and round to dry

Set the machine at 20, turn on with the hose hooked to the machine and let it run for some time
Don't forget to reset the machine to the original settings

Good idea to have spare, you always have a dry hose ready to go
Post Reply Post Reply
I whirl mine (gently as possible but very briskly) as zonk suggests, then hang it to finish drying.

It's so long that I generally whirl it from about the center to keep from hitting ceiling or floor.

It's plenty dry by the end of a day.

Alternative it to get two hoses so drying time can be lengthened but that is a bit expensive until your insurance catches up and allows DME to send you another hose.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
i whirl as described above, dry the outside, and then set my S9 autoset on "Mask Fit" 3 or for times (it blows for about 10 min on mask fit). Ghost said to make microfiber towel strips and run em thru it with a weighted fishing line, but its too much work Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I can dry mine and practice for the lasso competition at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the replies. I had done the roping practice and thought it would be smart to have two (or more) hoses on hand but had not thought of the rest.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 02:22 AM)zonk Wrote: Set the machine at 20, turn on with the hose hooked to the machine and let it run for some time
Don't forget to reset the machine to the original settings

Hi Zonk,

With the water tub emptied, we may be able to simply re-attach the hose to the machine and run the Warm-up cycle. After the 20 minute warm-up cycle ends, the 20 minute Cool-down cycle begins.

After the 40-minutes of Warm-up and Cool-down, my hose and tank are always completely dry. And no settings need to be changed and then changed back.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a cheap squirrel cage blower for a few dollars and turned it into a hose & water tank dryer.
I just hook it up an let it run about an hour.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 357 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.