Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable?
CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable?
I'd love to put a non-rubber watch band with Velcro on it. But I can't really tell if the included band can be removed and if it can be replaced.

Anyone have any experience trying this?

Thank you!
MWD
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable?
My CMS50F is barely a month old, so I'm not too eager to perform exploratory surgery just yet. There might be pins holding the strap, but they seem to be covered by the rubber, so not easily removable. There is a lot of stiffness near the watch, so it's possible that the fittings extend out from the watch underneath the band.
You could write to customer support at our Supplier #19. Usually you will get the owner; I have found him to be very helpful. He may have had occasion to take a watch apart and could give you some advice. Good luck; I'd be happier with a Velcro band myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 07:00 AM)pholynyk Wrote: My CMS50F is barely a month old, so I'm not too eager to perform exploratory surgery just yet. There might be pins holding the strap, but they seem to be covered by the rubber, so not easily removable. There is a lot of stiffness near the watch, so it's possible that the fittings extend out from the watch underneath the band.
You could write to customer support at our Supplier #19. Usually you will get the owner; I have found him to be very helpful. He may have had occasion to take a watch apart and could give you some advice. Good luck; I'd be happier with a Velcro band myself.

I just looked at my watch band and noticed the pin was exposed on one side of the band. I stuck the end of a mechanical pencil to push on it, and the pin poked easily through the other side of the band. I suppose that technically means I just damaged my band, but it seems to be minor.

Anyway, it seems that if you can find a band of adequate width to accommodate the larger size of the watch, you should be able to install it fairly easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 03:06 PM)Possum Wrote: I just looked at my watch band and noticed the pin was exposed on one side of the band. I stuck the end of a mechanical pencil to push on it, and the pin poked easily through the other side of the band. I suppose that technically means I just damaged my band, but it seems to be minor.

Anyway, it seems that if you can find a band of adequate width to accommodate the larger size of the watch, you should be able to install it fairly easily.

Thank you.
MWD
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 8 913 07-17-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: rretamalt
  Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap Columbiabill 2 660 02-05-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Columbiabill
Question Fitbit / Apple Watch with OSCAR B1Sailor 11 2,188 11-22-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Knightsbridge Dual Band cap issues--need help DaveL 9 893 10-03-2022, 03:05 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Watch for monitoring sleep? Benzi 0 492 06-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Benzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.