Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How tough are these machines?
RE: How tough are these machines?
(01-22-2016, 09:01 AM)justMongo Wrote: .......
[Image: PITHON_1982-red.jpg]

Oh, for a moment, before reading your info, I thought that the photo shows a prototype of a water resistant CPAP machine.... Laugh-a-lot

Sorry, couldn't resist Cool

Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 10:21 AM)GPSMapNut Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 09:01 AM)justMongo Wrote: .......
[Image: PITHON_1982-red.jpg]

Oh, for a moment, before reading your info, I thought that the photo shows a prototype of a water resistant CPAP machine.... Laugh-a-lot

Sorry, couldn't resist Cool

Lolabove

It's the a prototype of the Philips UberCPAP, able to transport you back in time to treat yourself in the past.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two TerraWatt Flash Xray using water as the insulator in the pulse shaping coaxial transmission line from the Marx Generator.
Water has a very high epsilon (permitivity) creating a very low impedance transmission line (like 1 Ohm.)
Couldn't show you the faces.

It does have a vacuum pump for the Xray diode.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend everyone figure out some way that you can't pull the machine off on the floor. It's a very expensive mistake. Because insurance might not pay, you may have to pay more than the original machine cost to get a replacement from your local ripoff DME. i.e. what insurance paid $1000 for might be $2000 when you need a replacement. You might also get ripped of by your doctor requiring a new $leep te$t before they'll provide a pre$cription.

You can figure out a way to route the hose such that the hose is pinned down and can't pull the machine over, or put the machine in a drawer or something.

If you do drop it on the floor, figure out how to pick it up such that the humidifier is down as you lift it. That way, if you do drop it, and the water hasn't already gotten into the blower, you are less likely to slosh water into the blower as you pick it up.

This another reason it's good for everyone to figure out a way to get a backup CPAP. You can often find them available on Craigslist if you hunt for one for a while. You can also have a less capable CPAP as the backup.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 75 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,137 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,021 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.