Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie needing a little help
RE: Newbie needing a little help

[/quote]
it's just hard at first to convince your brain you won't suffocate.

[/quote]

Oh yes. When I get to the panic stage I start breathing deeply which doesnt help. I notice if I just breathe normally, inhaling and exhaling lightly and easy, I'm fine.

This is all new to me. I hate having to wear this machine but damn, I feel so good in the morning. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie needing a little help
(12-28-2012, 10:18 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Never quite understood why professionals give patients one before trying a standard nasal mask or nasal pillows system. Dont-know Seems to be a lot of folks lately that are given a FFM for some reason.

SS,

I think it may have a lot to do with people that already know they breathe through their mouth while sleeping and their RT rightfully puts them into a FFM instead of having a new user try to deal with their long-taught practice of mouth-breathing while they're trying to wear a nasal mask or pillows.

I've snored loudly through my mouth since I was 5 or 6 years old and was never able to wake-up, since my brain has been opening my mouth to breathe for 90% of my life, I don't think I could ever somehow train myself to breathe only through my nose while sleeping like I do when I'm awake.

I received a brand new ResMed Swift FX with my S9 and I actually tried it, I woke myself up gasping for air through my mouth, so there's only one style of mask that will ever work for me all the time, the good 'ol tried and true FFM.

There's another plus to not wearing pillows, we don't wake-up with the Henry Waxman look! Too-funny

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 104 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 184 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 163 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 488 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 185 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 276 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 201 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.