Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie needing a little reading S9 SD Card
RE: Newbie needing a little HELP reading S9 SD Card
(01-03-2013, 05:01 AM)vsheline Wrote: As far as I know, many or most ResMed SD cards are the old standard 1GB cards. But newer machines running newer software (released in 2012) may be able to use newer SD cards.

ResMed cards ARE usually SD.

I think in this case, the problem is on the PC end, not the S9 end.

I think the S9 generally works with SD or SDHC cards. SDXC cards are fairly rare unless you're buying a big, expensive card.

With SD cards, even if the card is the right "type", sometimes one device won't take it, and another device will.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie needing a little reading S9 SD Card
Can I use SDHC, mini SDHC, micro SDHC, or SDXC cards with S9 therapy devices?

No. Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards, as well as mini and micro SDHC cards, and SDXC cards, do not work with S9 therapy devices.

http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_sup...c=patients
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2013, 05:42 PM)zonk Wrote: No. Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards, as well as mini and micro SDHC cards, and SDXC cards, do not work with S9 therapy devices.

You can use the micro or mini as long as they are in a standard size adapter. And I know you can use up to 4 GB cards, because I used a 4 GB micro card in a micro-to-standard adapter in my PRS1 and later in my S9 Autoset. I can't speak for larger capacity cards. And the adapters eventually start getting flaky - bad connections - which is why I had to discontinue using the micro card.

The size of the standard card is 32 x 24 mm (1.26 x 0.96 in.). Full standard size cards with only one or two GB capacity are getting hard to find in stores. I had to go to three stores, and even then the smallest I could find was 4 GB. Everybody wants the micro cards these days for their phones, and at least 16 GB, so a lot of stores don't carry the older cards any more.

Also, the PRS1 and S9 Autoset will happily use a card from the other machine. The first time you insert the "foreign" card the machine will reformat it the way it wants it. The card I'm using in my S9 Autoset right now says "Respironics" on it. Don't tell ResMed, though. They'd probably say I voided the warranty or lightning will strike me dead or something. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
SDHC works just fine in my S9, made in 2010. Many others have reported similar results.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2013, 06:54 PM)archangle Wrote: SDHC works just fine in my S9, made in 2010. Many others have reported similar results.
probably you got yours from the pub at the corner in Wooloomooloo

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, new member here, also curious about the card - I just got an s9 escape auto, which I realize is not going to give me much info, but I put a 4 gb sd card into it and then put it in my pc and there was nothing on it. Is there a certain time of day that the data dumps?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need software to view the information. Try ResScan or Sleepyhead, both available here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

ResMed machines keep the detailed data for 7 days on the card then keeps basic data (usage, AHI, and I think pressure).

On the machine's screen, it only displays that night's data until noon, then it becomes the next day and that data is not viewable on the screen.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
what Paula said also you can still view data after noon in the advanced sleep report (press the two silver button for sec and turn the push dial)
shown here in pictures and video
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

the escape auto store
365 days of compliance data on the screen and on the card
AHI (no breakdown or central apnea detection) and pressure but no leak and no mask fit or smart start features
if not mistaken ... no efficacy data or high resolution data via the SD card

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 5 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 131 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.