Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie needs some feedback
RE: Newbie needs some feedback
For hip pain, you might try a pillow between your knees. I use a special pillow made by Back Support Systems, but there are lots of specialized knee pillows available.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many of us will suggest you just turn off the VS2 chart for snores. While VS indicates a snore index, VS2 tends to be snores plus extraneous noises, including "mask farts" from leaks, a hose rubbing on the bed or bedside table. Your results are outstanding, at a pressure of 9.0 and you really couldn't ask for more. Solve the leaks and get comfortable, and your therapy appears as good as it gets to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback and setting my expectations.  I read a post from another newbie titled "Don't know what I don't know...".  That sentiment also applies to this newbie.  I hope that it's more than wishful thinking but the last 2 nights of making good progress with my leaks has me feeling a little bit better regarding my day time grogginess and burning eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2019, 09:28 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Even if you test and score a Smiley face, it doesn't seem to correspond to good leak rates in OSCAR with overnight use.

That's a good point. Just because you get a smiley it doesn't mean all is well. You really need to look at your leak rate graphs.

You have to reach some threshold (?) to get the smiley face, but that is likely based on something like a 90th percentile leak rate. That just means that for 90% of the time you're at or below some threshold, looking at the leak rate graph lets you know if there are any real issues. Anything other than a nice smooth baseline (spikes or chunks of time with elevated rates) could indicate a problem. These problems can interfere with a good night's sleep. But you still can get the smiley face Smile
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 378 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 129 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.