Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie - proof of test results?
RE: Newbie - proof of test results?
Sorry Westlake Ohio here not Aussie, but that does not make me a bad guy lol, have insurance with 2500 deductable but that is almost met so if they agree the cpap should be covered.
Post Reply Post Reply
My bad. I assumed that you had seen an Aussie doctor, ergo: that you were under the Southern Cross.
Thinking about it, I had an Aussie Helicopter instructor; but not in Australia.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
Ah yes the Aussie doctor comment about the gout, I see now, lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2014, 09:16 AM)vacman Wrote: Sorry Westlake Ohio here not Aussie, but that does not make me a bad guy lol, have insurance with 2500 deductable but that is almost met so if they agree the cpap should be covered.

and after all those nice things I said about you Southerner's.... Oh well, I guess it could apply to all you Easterner's as well......... A suburb's a suburb after all.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. I heard that Oregon is just a suburb of California. LOL

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2014, 04:47 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Yep. I heard that Oregon is just a suburb of California. LOL

Actually, California used to be part of Oregon. But it broke off awhile back due to global warming.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2014, 10:53 AM)vacman Wrote: Had test done because of snoring as well as a doctor in Austrailia said 100 percent of his gout patients had Apnea,as I had a month long gout attack, 15 breathing stoppages and 77 events? or almost stopping? he said was a moderate problem, my issue is I hope he is honest and not just gaining a customer, is there proof of the test? thanks, I go back for cpap sleep in couple weeks

Yes, there is proof. Call the sleep lab and ask them for a copy of the results of the sleep study. A diagnosis of moderate sleep apnea results when your AHI is between 15 and 30. Mine was 23, meaning I had an average of 23 events per hour. Your doctor should have explained all this but unfortunately impaired cognition is one of the symptoms of sleep apnea. Combine that with the anxiety of being told we can't sleep and breathe at the same time (two bodily functions fundamental to our existence) and it's no wonder we have trouble sorting it all out.

The good news though, is that CPAP therapy is a highly effective treatment for this ailment. Often there are problems adapting to it, but once you clear that hurdle you will have a new lease on life. CPAP therapy is a modern miracle.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, it was done at his office, I'll ask for results
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2014, 12:13 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(06-18-2014, 04:47 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Yep. I heard that Oregon is just a suburb of California. LOL

Actually, California used to be part of Oregon. But it broke off awhile back due to global warming.

If that is the case, how come you guys have all those California expats up there?? Just another case of urban flight!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 83 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.