Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
RE: Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
I would suggest EPR3 and a soft cervical collar. The small cluster of obstructives indicate chin tucking. Both EPR3 and the collar will help with your flow limitations also. Leave the pressure alone for now until you know what results those two give.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
RERAs are always bad because they represent arousal. They are a series of flow limitations that end in arousal so managing flow limitations should take care of them so if you could increase your EPR to 3 that will help,  I would also increase your min pressure by 1 (to 11) to compensate for the increased EPR and keep your EPAP at the same level.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data.  No leaks.  EPR set to 3.   AHI high, and had an unusually high Clear Airway number.   I've changed the min pressure to 11 now (missed Bonjour's post before I went to be last night) so I'll monitor for a few days to see what these changes do.

THANKS again for the help!   Merry Christmas!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Central Apnea appears to be Treatment Emergent. That means that over 2 to 3 months it should diminish, or it could be treated with EERS but I'd suggest waiting.

Still an issue is the Flow Limits and RERAS. These may require a VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour!    For my education, the flow limit and RERA numbers look pretty small to me.    What are good numbers for those two items?
Post Reply Post Reply
Perkolater, how many pillows are you using? Read our wiki on positional apnea and chin-tucking.. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2019, 12:40 PM)Perkolater Wrote: Thanks Bonjour!    For my education, the flow limit and RERA numbers look pretty small to me.    What are good numbers for those two items?

I look at it this way... 

RERA involves an arousal..... think of it as someone slapping you in the face.
Flow Limitations without an arousal (I call these RERA-like) is like someone shouting in your bedroom or shaking you while you sleep.

Imagine breathing through a drinking straw..
Flow limitation 1.0 effectively means your drinking straw is totally blocked, 0.5 means it has been squished a bit.

Neither of these are good for sleep and may bring you out of the good deep sleep states into shallow sleep or maybe even totally awake.

So basically... there's no "good" number for these except zero. 
Maybe small numbers are "better than I used to be" but they don't help your sleep in the long run.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Afternoon and Happy Holidays!

Sleeprider,

I am currently using 1 pillow.  I am allergic to down/feathers so it is a foam pillow which makes it a bit thicker than a feather pillow.  I used to sleep on two pillows but gave one up some time ago (Before CPAP).    Sounds like I may need to consider a soft collar.   I really don't want to go that route so I may wait a bit longer unless you believe that it is definitely needed.

ApneaQuestions,

I am working my way through that thread now,  thank you, it is very informative.  I honestly don't know what I am looking at on the OSCAR graphs.   Thanks for helping to accelerate my learning curve!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2019, 01:11 PM)Perkolater Wrote: ApneaQuestions,
I am working my way through that thread now,  thank you, it is very informative.  I honestly don't know what I am looking at on the OSCAR graphs.   Thanks for helping to accelerate my learning curve!

I deleted that link in my post because I wasn't sure in your profile if you have an Autoset.... nevertheless the post you are reading is in the ballpark.
Let me reinstate the link here

Why an Autoset does what it does:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid324414

EDIT: I see in your uploaded graph that you do indeed have an Autoset. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2019, 01:20 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 01:11 PM)Perkolater Wrote: ApneaQuestions,

I deleted that link in my post because I wasn't sure in your profile if you have an Autoset.... nevertheless the post you are reading is in the ballpark.
Let me reinstate the link here

Why an Autoset does what it does:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid324414

Thank you.  Yes, I do have the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.   I'll make my profile more clear.    Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 113 9 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 138 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,375 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 300 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 215 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 135 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 400 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.