Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
RE: Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
afaik, autosets will flag rera; my 2015 model does, but whatever method it uses seems to miss a lot that can be inferred from a close look at the flow rate. you won't see rera listed in oscar until/unless the machine flags one.
Post Reply Post Reply
as per the image below, I found a RERA but there is no flags in the system.... I am so confused...

[attachment=23963]

[attachment=23962]
Post Reply Post Reply
again, the machine fails to flag a lot of what we might on closer inspection interpret as rera. the one you identified is an example.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, thanks, I found about a dozen in that data VERY similar to the image... I will just have to assume it doesn't and call Resmed tomorrow and either figure out why / confirm it actually records them.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Those that do report RERAs tend to significantly underreport them.
If you manage to contoll your flow limits you will control your RERAs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 08:34 PM)bonjour Wrote: Those that do report RERAs tend to significantly underreport them.  
If you manage to contoll your flow limits you will control your RERAs.

Thank you for the info.

Philips seemed to record them / infer them more consistently (every night at least >1 an hour) but I haven’t had any on the Airsense.

Sadly, the reason I switched machines was because In my test had no Centrals - I start using Philips and the machine was recording 7-10 centrals an hour. The Resmed is reporting 4-6 centrals an hour - so it’s an improvement but not a 1500$ improvement.

Philips was recording an AHI of 5+ over 70% of the 266 nights I used it (>40% AHI of 10+) - I’ve only use the resmed for 2 nights (Which does not make a test) the resmed has been above 5 each night.  

Anyway - fingers crossed it improves or I’m going to have to try a different machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bought the machines to deal with centrals they don’t you need a special machine an ASV to deal with centrals. An AHI of 5 CA’s a night is too many I see from your other thread the table of results you get neither machine treats centrals also note some of the Hypopnoeas could also be central in nature
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh no my sleep test didn’t have any centrals, just like OSA, the thought was that the machine algorithm was causing the centrals (according to my sleep doctor) - I doubt it now.

I am hoping to have a new sleep test when the centre opens to new sleep tests as it’s closed due to COVID-19
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave, complete newbie here, first night's sleep last night with resmed airsense 10 auto fit, I think I did well, kept it on for 7 hours, fussed a little during the night, but was quite pleased with myself! So I took my sd card and tried to download the data to see! But the machine only gave me the data from a 17 minute trial period I had during the day yesterday. 
I read somewhere that the "day" changes at midday, is that the reason I can only see the first data, not the full night's?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look on the “day” before and see if the data is there
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 69 2 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,277 10 hours ago
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 253 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 109 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 386 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 111 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.