Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
Hi,   

I know I should upload graphs from OSCAR, but I don't have the data yet.   My machine did not come with an SD card, and the ones I have on hand (Large SDHD cards) did not work.  So, I will find the appropriate card and upload that ASAP, but thought I could ask in the meantime.

I was diagnosed with Moderate OSA a couple of months ago and received my machine on November 1.  It is an Airsense 10 Autoset.     When I received the machine the DME had left it at the default settings of  Min 4 - Max 20 and the EPR at 2.  I have since gotten a copy of my Rx and found that it should have been set to 8-20 so I changed that myself.    I have since upped it to 10 - 20 as I chase my AHI and honestly 10 feels the best to me when I go to sleep.   I am still averaging over 5 AHI per night.   Centrals are low (average of 0.8) leaks are usually not terriblel but I just can't get the AHI to come down.   When I check the sleep report in the morning (or when I wake up and check the machine at night) my max pressure tends to be in the 16-18 range!   

I do sleep on my back usually.   

So, until I get OSCAR data to back this up, can anyone provide suggestions as to why my AHI is still so high and why my pressures are also so high?

I hope to have OSCAR data by the weekend, but thought I would go ahead and ask.    If this is a waste of time I apologize and admins can delete.   I did go ahead and add the excel file that I downloaded from myair, so maybe that is better than nothing at this point.

Thanks for any advice!

Attached Files
.xlsx   device data.xlsx (Size: 13.69 KB / Downloads: 7)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie question - No OSCAR data yet.
Quick reply regarding SD card:
Get any brand, plain SD card between 1-32 GB, shop for best price in that size range, digital photo shops maybe carry these or Wally World AKA Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Staples, Office Max and there are likely many are others.

PS welcome to the Apnea Board.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 01:44 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Quick reply regarding SD card:
Get any brand, plain SD card between 1-32 GB, shop for best price in that size range, digital photo shops maybe carry these or Wally World AKA Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Staples, Office Max and there are likely many are others.

Thanks!  I ordered a couple of 16GB plain SD cards from Amazon this morning, I'll have them tomorrow.  $5.00 for two.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have positional issues such as tucking your chin to your chest which will restrict the airway and drive the pressure up without resolving obstructive events. A soft cervical collar is the best fix. See the link below for more information. I suggest you wait, however, until you can post OSCAR data since that is just a guess. Without data it's hard to give meaningful advice.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 01:50 PM)Melman Wrote: You may have positional issues such as tucking your chin to your chest which will restrict the airway and drive the pressure up without resolving obstructive events. A soft cervical collar is the best fix. See the link below for more information. I suggest you wait, however, until you can post OSCAR data since that is just a guess. Without data it's hard to give meaningful advice.

Yeah, I understand about the data but its been bugging me.   I appreciate it.      I was afraid that the cervical collar would be the answer.  I really don't like that idea. 

Data is key.   I'll get back to you ASAP.   Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 01:49 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:44 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Quick reply regarding SD card:

Thanks!  I ordered a couple of 16GB plain SD cards from Amazon this morning, I'll have them tomorrow.  $5.00 for two.  Smile

Good deal. We'll await the OSCAR data then. Others may chime in with some predata preliminary stuff like what Melman offers. It may help for at least temporary measures.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed does support SDHC cards upto 32 gig
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 03:02 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Resmed does support SDHC cards upto 32 gig

That's good to know because the Resmed FAQ says otherwise.
Sounds like they need to fix their FAQ
Fortunately I had a really old digital camera in my basement and used the vanilla SD card from that. It worked fine.

https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare...cards.html

Snippet below....

Can my patients use SDHC, mini SDHC, micro SDHC, or SDXC cards with their therapy devices?
No. Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards, as well as mini and micro SDHC cards and SDXC cards, do not work with any ResMed sleep therapy devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently ResMed got that answer wrong in their own FAQ.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if anyone will see this since the thread has aged a bit, but rather than start a new thread I thought I would try here first.   See the attached OSCAR screenshot.   This is what I would call a fairly typical night.   Would really like to see that AHI number come down.

Thanks for any advice. 

Happy Holidays!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 80 Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,292 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 258 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 112 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.