Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question about cleaning in sink
RE: Newbie question about cleaning in sink
I also use Dawn dish soap and have no problems.
When I clean my hose, I add a small amount of white vinegar to the rinse.

Never use my sink for cleaning my CPAP supplies, no matter how clean I think it is.
I have a cheap plastic dish pan that I use just for CPAP.
Coffee
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife has OCD on cleanliness. I use the kitchen sink. I use baby shampoo and clean it all and let it air dry. Have not died yet. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not using shared equipment. My environment is not ISO 1000 Clean Room, but neither is it dusty. I occasionally cough in my full face mask, but I have no bleeding gums or contagious respiratory issues. I use normal hygiene of washing my hands and face, brushing my teeth, and rinsing with mouth wash before donning my mask.

I just do gentle cleaning like the video. I've found that overdoing it doesn't make it any cleaner, but certainly will degrade the mask a lot quicker. I don't wash the headgear. The Velcro tabs degrade too fast. When things degrade too much, it's time to just toss them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. I am New here, but not new to sleep troubles.. I had my first cpap 14 years ago. I have used cpap and bi pap and Then I became allergic to the gel in the mask and have not slept with any machine for almost 2 years. IM EXHAUSTED... I have done 2 sleep studies last month and I have another This Thursday. I have to wear a FULL face mask because my mouth wont stay shut while I sleep. Plus I yell and Curse while sleeping. Anyone else do that?? The doc wants to use a ASV on thursday. how is this diff than the bipap that I have? any ideas on a mask to use? my face totally blisters under the gel. I may have had lots of sleep troubles for years but I still know Nothing about these Machines.. Thanks... Carol
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2015, 11:40 PM)Gutowski Wrote: Hello. I am New here, but not new to sleep troubles.. I had my first cpap 14 years ago. I have used cpap and bi pap and Then I became allergic to the gel in the mask and have not slept with any machine for almost 2 years. IM EXHAUSTED... I have done 2 sleep studies last month and I have another This Thursday. I have to wear a FULL face mask because my mouth wont stay shut while I sleep. Plus I yell and Curse while sleeping. Anyone else do that?? The doc wants to use a ASV on thursday. how is this diff than the bipap that I have? any ideas on a mask to use? my face totally blisters under the gel. I may have had lots of sleep troubles for years but I still know Nothing about these Machines.. Thanks... Carol

Welcome to the forum Gutowski,
Don't know anything about yelling and cursing in sleep Unsure, but there a lot of sleep disorders and your Doctor should know the answer to that.

As far as not using CPAP for two years; you have to realize that you are doing damage to your health, although can be reversed if you stick to treatment.

Ask for a copy of your sleep study, and post some numbers here so we can advise you. Don't be afraid to question your doctor. If he is recommending an ASV, then find out why, and what is he seeing on your sleep study. I know that doctors aren't
very forthcoming with info, but it's up to you to take control and find out!

As far as masks go, there are so many different ones out there to try.
Have you tried a nasal pillow mask? I know you say you are a mouth breather and a lot of us here are or were mouth breathers. You can train yourself to breath through your nose. You can also use a chin strap. At least a nasal pillow mask would be the
most minimalistic as far as not touching your face and causing an allergic reaction.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
what OpalRose said.

Is it gel masks you are having issues with or is it silicone masks you are having issues with. Could the temperature have some contribution to this as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2015, 11:40 PM)Gutowski Wrote: Hello. I am New here, but not new to sleep troubles.. I had my first cpap 14 years ago. I have used cpap and bi pap and Then I became allergic to the gel in the mask and have not slept with any machine for almost 2 years. IM EXHAUSTED... I have done 2 sleep studies last month and I have another This Thursday. I have to wear a FULL face mask because my mouth wont stay shut while I sleep. Plus I yell and Curse while sleeping. Anyone else do that?? The doc wants to use a ASV on thursday. how is this diff than the bipap that I have? any ideas on a mask to use? my face totally blisters under the gel. I may have had lots of sleep troubles for years but I still know Nothing about these Machines.. Thanks... Carol

Carol, you should set up your own thread so that others can answer specifically for your issue. It's easier to check back since you have multiple issues and it won't get lost in a thread about cleaning. Smile And yes, the yelling and cursing in sleep is related to both stress and strange things going on with REM sleep. Chances are, that will stop with therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.