Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question on blood from my nose...
Exclaimation 
Newbie question on blood from my nose...
I have been using my Res Med C9 Auto Set for the past 102 days with great success ! But I am having one problem for the past 30 or so days whenever I have to blow my nose I get blood in the tissue every time . I haven't had a cold or allergies my sinus feel fine. I have played with the humidifier setting up and down and no difference. I clean my mask and equipment daily and use new water everyday.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie question on blood from my nose...
It sounds like a low humidity issue to me. Is your humidifier using up the water overnight? At least 1/2 of it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Argos400,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Where do you have your humidity set?
It sounds like it's not high enough to keep you from drying out.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2014, 12:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote: It sounds like a low humidity issue to me. Is your humidifier using up the water overnight? At least 1/2 of it?

I have played with setting from 3.0 - 6.0 and there is no change , my nose is not raw or do have sinus pain , there is just blood in my snot (gross word) whenever I blow and it's just not a spect it's marbled thru (gross again ..sorry)
Post Reply Post Reply
Forget the setting... Is your humidifier using up the water overnight?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2014, 12:35 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Forget the setting... Is your humidifier using up the water overnight?

Yes and how much is gone depends how high the setting is. It's never been bone dry or close to it ever , the most it has used is 3/4 of the water.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have turned that thing up full blast and there is still water in the jug in the morning I have to wonder if it is working as well as it should. You might consider adding an inexpensive room humidifier to your bedroom. It does still sound to me like you are experiencing too dry air.

Do you know how to get into the settings for your machine? If so, go to the options settings and see what "Climate Control" is set to. On my machine it's on "Auto," and I believe that's what you need it to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2014, 01:53 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Do you know how to get into the settings for your machine? If so, go to the options settings and see what "Climate Control" is set to. On my machine it's on "Auto," and I believe that's what you need it to be.
He does not seem to be using the ClimateLine (heated hose) as he wrote 'have played with setting from 3.0 - 6.0 and there is no change' and no mention of temperature setting ... might be a good idea to get one

As for the blood in the nose, talk to your doctor, the doctor knows your medical history

Post Reply Post Reply
And it is also that time of year. Weather is changing. Humidity is changing. Could be just plain allergy season added in with the newish CPAP use. Bloody snot in the morning is not overly worrisome. It's usually due to either too much humidity or not enough but those of us who use nasal pillows get it regardless just because of the where the air hits first.

Have you done anything different with the nasal pillows? Changed them lately? Try going up a size if possible. Try it out during the day to see if it leaks. Maybe a larger nozzle will help.

Another thing to try is to do a nasal rinse before bed. There's the neti pot or the bottle with the end that looks just like a sport bottle cap. That's what I use. During allergy season or when the humidity in the air is changing and I just can't seem to get it right, I do rinses last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

There's also some nasal gel. When I have a cold and my nose is sore, I use the one by Ayr. I rub it all over the inside of my nostrils as far up in there as I can go. This really seems to help.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there
I have the same problem. Using since March and first 12 days were wonderful....no problems, index way down and tolerating the machine well. Then, the downward spiral started. First, nose bruising quite badly then bags like you wouldn't believe under my eyes. I look 100 and they take all day to go down, never completely though. By that time it's bed again and more bags. I bought some lovely liners, but they don't take care of the problem and now my leaks are way high.
Anyway, this morning I had a nose bleed as well. I have my humidifier on, and it uses most of the water every night. I feel like I traded one problem for a dozen more, and I'm so down and depressed about the whole thing. I put make up on to hide the nose and eye bruises but it makes the bags look even worse.
Hope someone can tell me this will all work out......I really feel like giving up except my son paid for my machine and I don't want to waste his money.

Any tips at all?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.