Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question on blood from my nose...
RE: Newbie question on blood from my nose...
Are you have a nose bleed or just a bloody nose?

Have you mentioned any of this to your doctor? Could be something different going on or the CPAP is aggravating something. Try to make the appointment for early in the morning when you look your worse.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2014, 02:15 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 01:53 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Do you know how to get into the settings for your machine? If so, go to the options settings and see what "Climate Control" is set to. On my machine it's on "Auto," and I believe that's what you need it to be.
He does not seem to be using the ClimateLine (heated hose) as he wrote 'have played with setting from 3.0 - 6.0 and there is no change' and no mention of temperature setting ... might be a good idea to get one

As for the blood in the nose, talk to your doctor, the doctor knows your medical history

He could be using the ClimateLine. Depends how your clinician settings are. If you have Climate Control set to "Auto", you only get to set the ClimateLine temp. If you have it set to "Manual", you get to set both the humidity from 2.0-6.0 in half steps and your ClimateLine Temp. I'm trying to decide which set of settings is better myself at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new here but I thought I might help out. I had the same issue when I first started with my S9 machine I spoke to therapist about it, she gave me a couple samples of a cream for inside my nose. I had a nasal pillow and the wisp both for a couple of weeks so I could decide which one I would actually use, the wisp won over for me. I thought it was the humidity as well, I even took the machine back for them to test.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.