Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie question - should I buy my FIRST machine online or from a local distributor?
RE: Newbie question - should I buy my FIRST machine online or from a local distributor?
(04-25-2016, 12:18 PM)kowlooner Wrote: As for machine longevity, I guess it’s a bit of a crap shoot. Does that sound about right Mongo? Hopefully whatever I get lasts a long time. Or a really short time if I turn out to hate it. It looks like they really make their money on the refills. The old Gillette model with replacing filters, cushions etc on a fairly frequent basis.

A good article on failure rates. Early and End of life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

I like your last sentence. I heard it phrased as: "They give away the razors because the money is in the blades." I'm not sure that applies to CPAPs as there are many generic filters and hoses.

Kindest regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie question - should I buy my FIRST machine online or from a local distributor?
Mongo, interesting chart. Never seen that before. Makes sense though. Thanks for the input and feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 91 Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 439 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 236 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 268 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 332 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 362 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.