Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie questions
RE: Newbie questions
I called the DME and talked to the respiratory therapists and asked him what they were planning on giving me and what the person who answers the phone told me. He said in high pressure (above 8) settings he gives out the S9 Autoset because the doctor is likely to set a range eventually. So it looks like I won't have to fight for it ;-) Thank you for giving me the confidence to call and voice my desire to get the Autoset!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome fellow noob.
I am just 3 weeks into my treatment. As posted elsewhere for me it really works. from your details I expect it should help you.

Great they are giving you a Resmed S9 Auto. I love my Resmed S9 auto

Knowing what additinal bits features that you may want is also good for me that was:

Humidifier - proven higher success rate and i want it to work long term, as well as far more comfort.
Heated hose - reduce rain out - water condensing in your face - waking you up - its nasty having water form on your nose and drip into your mouth.
12v power adapter, for when I go caravanning

then come mask issues - a comfortable mask that works well - It is worth letting the DME make some coin if they let you trial different masks till you find one that really works for you.
this really really matters - you need a comfortable mask that does the job and you can sleep in every night.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2013, 10:29 AM)TiredinFL Wrote: I called the DME and talked to the respiratory therapists and asked him what they were planning on giving me and what the person who answers the phone told me. He said in high pressure (above 8) settings he gives out the S9 Autoset because the doctor is likely to set a range eventually. So it looks like I won't have to fight for it ;-) Thank you for giving me the confidence to call and voice my desire to get the Autoset!

Do not accept a machine even temporarily if it says "Escape" or "Escape Auto" by the on/off button. Any ResMed machine that says "Escape" or "Escape Auto" reports mostly or only compliance data (hrs of use per day).

The AutoSet will say "AutoSet" next to the on/off button.

If the machine says "Elite" next to the on/off button then it is a non-Auto version (straight fixed-pressure CPAP) which is fully data-capable.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
TiredinFl, welcome and hopefully you will have great success with CPAP therapy. I just passed my 6 month mark and the S9 AutoSet has been great. There are equivalents out there that are just as good, but I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you DME wants to get you set up properly to start (auto machine with data capabilities).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2013, 11:17 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: TiredinFl, welcome and hopefully you will have great success with CPAP therapy. I just passed my 6 month mark and the S9 AutoSet has been great. There are equivalents out there that are just as good, but I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you DME wants to get you set up properly to start (auto machine with data capabilities).

Thank you all! So far so good. My AHI has been 1.6 or lower each night. It is interesting that I'm seeing a small .3 or so central apnea on the machine. I wonder if you wake up and yawn if it thinks you aren't breathing for a few secs. They showed none in my formal titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 376 9 hours ago
Last Post: Matsu1
  EPR questions juniper 5 198 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 178 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 111 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 152 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 173 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.