Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quatrro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: Auto 7-15
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Newbie questions
I called the DME and talked to the respiratory therapists and asked him what they were planning on giving me and what the person who answers the phone told me. He said in high pressure (above 8) settings he gives out the S9 Autoset because the doctor is likely to set a range eventually. So it looks like I won't have to fight for it ;-) Thank you for giving me the confidence to call and voice my desire to get the Autoset!
09-03-2013 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
alby_c Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed s9 autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Welcome fellow noob.
I am just 3 weeks into my treatment. As posted elsewhere for me it really works. from your details I expect it should help you.

Great they are giving you a Resmed S9 Auto. I love my Resmed S9 auto

Knowing what additinal bits features that you may want is also good for me that was:

Humidifier - proven higher success rate and i want it to work long term, as well as far more comfort.
Heated hose - reduce rain out - water condensing in your face - waking you up - its nasty having water form on your nose and drip into your mouth.
12v power adapter, for when I go caravanning

then come mask issues - a comfortable mask that works well - It is worth letting the DME make some coin if they let you trial different masks till you find one that really works for you.
this really really matters - you need a comfortable mask that does the job and you can sleep in every night.
09-08-2013 07:14 PM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(09-03-2013 10:29 AM)TiredinFL Wrote:  I called the DME and talked to the respiratory therapists and asked him what they were planning on giving me and what the person who answers the phone told me. He said in high pressure (above 8) settings he gives out the S9 Autoset because the doctor is likely to set a range eventually. So it looks like I won't have to fight for it ;-) Thank you for giving me the confidence to call and voice my desire to get the Autoset!

Do not accept a machine even temporarily if it says "Escape" or "Escape Auto" by the on/off button. Any ResMed machine that says "Escape" or "Escape Auto" reports mostly or only compliance data (hrs of use per day).

The AutoSet will say "AutoSet" next to the on/off button.

If the machine says "Elite" next to the on/off button then it is a non-Auto version (straight fixed-pressure CPAP) which is fully data-capable.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
09-08-2013 08:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PsychoMike Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Varies with mood, ResMed F10 is my primary
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 12-17
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: asthma, cyclist upgraditis, just a little crazy (honest :D )

TiredinFl, welcome and hopefully you will have great success with CPAP therapy. I just passed my 6 month mark and the S9 AutoSet has been great. There are equivalents out there that are just as good, but I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you DME wants to get you set up properly to start (auto machine with data capabilities).
09-09-2013 11:17 AM
TiredinFL Offline

Members

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quatrro
CPAP Pressure: Auto 7-15
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(09-09-2013 11:17 AM)PsychoMike Wrote:  TiredinFl, welcome and hopefully you will have great success with CPAP therapy. I just passed my 6 month mark and the S9 AutoSet has been great. There are equivalents out there that are just as good, but I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you DME wants to get you set up properly to start (auto machine with data capabilities).

Thank you all! So far so good. My AHI has been 1.6 or lower each night. It is interesting that I'm seeing a small .3 or so central apnea on the machine. I wonder if you wake up and yawn if it thinks you aren't breathing for a few secs. They showed none in my formal titration study.
09-09-2013 11:29 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  newbie questions re sleep test results Frances 4 333 10-20-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  newbie yossarian 14 734 09-01-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  [CPAP] newbie questions shona 9 442 08-29-2016 04:27 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  From a Newbie to a newbie PappinLikeABoss 11 1,053 08-22-2016 05:38 PM
Last Post: chill
  AHI A Month In (and other newbie questions) dclaryjr 16 674 08-04-2016 01:28 PM
Last Post: dclaryjr
  [CPAP] Another Newbie with questions garrettmcc 8 461 07-24-2016 07:00 AM
Last Post: garrettmcc
  Newbie ! Questions ! yzf125 19 1,081 05-09-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas