Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit Pro
Humidifier: Respironics 60 series
CPAP Pressure: 8 - 20
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Newbie's CPAP story so far...
Hi all. I've been a CPAPper for a couple of years. Was diagnosed with mild OSA, but have tried to stay compliant w/cpap in hopes of improving poor, anxious, bad dream-filled sleep and to alleviate continual AM headaches that impair my ability to function. I recently switched to a nifty new autopap machine w/all the bells n whistles. Have used for a few days. Was hoping for some improvement but have had none yet. Still wake up with awful headache. Maybe it's too early? I'm looking at my stats for the first few nights. My AHI numbers are "normal." Frustrating! I might think I don't have apnea, but my lady friend says I have notably disturbed sleep breathing. Ideas?[/size][/font]
06-27-2015 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

RE: Newbie's CPAP story so far...
My understanding is that the onboard computer for Respironics REMStar AutoCPAP 60
does not track data. I don't believe it will let you know what kind of events you are having, and won't give any hints as to pressure profile you have thru the night. Can you confirm that the model is a DS220 or DS260? {disconnect the humidifier and look at the bottom of the CPAP blower unit.}

AHI under 5 is a good point to be at. How is your AHI?

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
06-27-2015 04:23 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi brocktoon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
06-27-2015 06:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Aliza Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirN10
Humidifier: none atm
CPAP Pressure: 11.4 average
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Hi everyone. Had sleep problems for many years blamed on nocturnal asthma, I have had asthma for 20+ years, I am 60 years old. Diagnosed with mild sleep apnoea earlier this year. Got my loan machine Resmes S9 Autoset on 27/7/15 and have just completed 32 days averaging over 8.35 hours per night . I gave it my best shot, I was diagnosed with exhaustion and was feeling suicidal and dreading going to bed every night. Thanks so much for Sleepyhead I could really understand what is going on every night. My worst night was AHI of 14.2 and last night was AHI of 0.3. AHI has been dropping slowly over the time and I am feeling so much better. Had a few hitches with cold air, got hose covers and a sore nose, jury's out on that one, have tried mask liner and CPAP cream, will see what the Sleep Clinic says. All in all a great improvement, will see what the Sleep Clinic does next week... Just hang on in there peeps, it's worth it!
08-28-2015 05:46 AM
Nananeedssleep Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10
Mask Make & Model: AirFit p10
Humidifier: HumidAir integrated
CPAP Pressure: 5-12

Other Comments:

I'm new here, just 15 days into using my machine. I'm compliant, over 8 hrs. Of sleep a night this entire time. I just downloaded and installed Sleepyhead a few days ago. I am also looking at the MyAir website daily. I've enjoyed this forum so much, and learned so much! Just tonight found out about the clinicians setting to see AHI. As an aside, on the clinician screen and on MyAir my report for last night were both the same, just dumbed down on MyAir being called events. I can't make heads or tails out of Sleepyhead, but will try.

My biggest misunderstanding (confusion) comes understanding data like this: I have a horrible night, up and down multiple times, wake feeling like a truck ran me down, yawning, exhausted, etc. and the AHI is 2.1. Then on a different night, I sleep like the dead, no potty trips, wake up feeling good comparatively and my AHI is 3.3. What is the logic here?

I know my numbers are still low, but I'm confused!
08-28-2015 08:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
kaiasgram Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Aloha
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-10

Other Comments:

(08-28-2015 08:14 PM)Nananeedssleep Wrote:  I'm new here, just 15 days into using my machine. I'm compliant, over 8 hrs. Of sleep a night this entire time. I just downloaded and installed Sleepyhead a few days ago. I am also looking at the MyAir website daily. I've enjoyed this forum so much, and learned so much! Just tonight found out about the clinicians setting to see AHI. As an aside, on the clinician screen and on MyAir my report for last night were both the same, just dumbed down on MyAir being called events. I can't make heads or tails out of Sleepyhead, but will try.

My biggest misunderstanding (confusion) comes understanding data like this: I have a horrible night, up and down multiple times, wake feeling like a truck ran me down, yawning, exhausted, etc. and the AHI is 2.1. Then on a different night, I sleep like the dead, no potty trips, wake up feeling good comparatively and my AHI is 3.3. What is the logic here?

I know my numbers are still low, but I'm confused!

Hi nana -- I have woken up after some of my worst nights, to see the big yellow Smiley face that SleepyHead shows you when you have an AHI of 0.0! And my numbers often go up a bit after some pretty good nights. My take on this "phenomenon" is that on the crappy nights I didn't get enough time in deep sleep so not as much opportunity for apnea events to occur.Smile
08-28-2015 08:22 PM
Nananeedssleep Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10
Mask Make & Model: AirFit p10
Humidifier: HumidAir integrated
CPAP Pressure: 5-12

Other Comments:

Hopefully after I'm more familiar with Sleepyhead, I will be able to interpret someon this myself. Never to old to learn new tricks.
08-28-2015 08:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 726 208,034 Today 07:37 AM
Last Post: Gabby
  [CPAP] Newbie - CPAP Settings Racman 4 372 10-12-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: Racman
  newbie yossarian 14 734 09-01-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  I'm new. Dying of exhaustion. Just got a machine - here's my story. michaelba72 13 1,079 08-29-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: michaelba72
Smile Newbie here and my story wullybully76 7 514 08-23-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: wullybully76
  From a Newbie to a newbie PappinLikeABoss 11 1,057 08-22-2016 05:38 PM
Last Post: chill
  [split] from Success Story Thread JPDTrek 2 412 07-30-2016 06:07 PM
Last Post: icyura10