Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Icon premo Plus
F&P Icon premo Plus
I'm about to order an F&P Icon non-Auto. Are there different models available the way there are for ResMed with "for Her"models?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Icon premo Plus
Nope,

The Premo is the most full featured in the Icon line up of the straight CPAP machines.

The low end is the Novo and then the Premo and the Auto for their APAP machine.

The Premo is a good solid, single pressure CPAP

You could go with Resmed for a few more features like EPR exhale relief, but I am sure you'd pay a lot more money for the Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks UP, but I only need low pressures. The auto Resmed I trialled went too high. Once I reduced the max pressure things improved. At low pressure the EPR is not so important.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2015, 10:38 PM)Hanrahan Wrote: Thanks UP, but I only need low pressures. The auto Resmed I trialled went too high. Once I reduced the max pressure things improved. At low pressure the EPR is not so important.

Yes, same experience here, I use both a Resmed and an F&P Icon Auto. The F&P never goes much above 11 or 12 cm when I leave the higher pressure setting open, but the Resmed wants to go on up around 15cm. Just a difference in how the Auto Algorithms work differently between the two machines/manufacturers. I don't need the higher pressures that the Resmed wants to go to so I manually limit the upper end by setting the range where I want it. I suspect from reading my data that the Resmed is more sensitive to Flow Limitations as far as raising the pressure than the F&P Icon is. The increased pressure on the Resmed starts to bring on more central apneas for me, and of course I also begin to have more issues with leaks and aerophagia at the higher pressures, so I just set it up with the upper limit where I want it.

I am sure you'll be happy with the Premo, it's a solid machine. You can experiment with SenseAwake, but I found that it didn't work that well for me on the Icon so I just turned it off, if you don't need EPR on the Resmed then I suspect you won't want to bother with the SenseAwake feature on the Icon either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,313 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 847 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,584 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 363 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 615 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] F & P ICON removing re-inserting hose elbow gofinn 3 1,349 07-16-2020, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Icon Premo not recording data Veracityau 4 1,791 12-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: jonnycashsystem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.