Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie's used unit arrived. Need some advice.
Newbie's used unit arrived. Need some advice.
My used Resmed S9 + Hi5 humidifier arrived today, along with a new SD card. (I already have my hose and mask).

First question, do I need to format the SD card? The machine recognized it was there and it is new. Maybe it's preformatted? If not, what do I do? Also, do you turn the machine off first to remove SD card or is it fine to remove it anytime you are not doing therapy?

Second, what setting should I use (or should I even set it at this point) for the EPR? I have my pressure set a 4 and 20 because I won't know what the titration results will be for a couple of weeks (titration is set for tomorrow).

I plan to run this tonight - I am desperate to be able to get more sleep, which is why I bought a used unit rather than wait. These headaches are incredibly pounding now and the dry eye meds aren't keeping up.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie's used unit arrived. Need some advice.
(05-21-2015, 10:52 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: My used Resmed S9 + Hi5 humidifier arrived today, along with a new SD card. (I already have my hose and mask).

First question, do I need to format the SD card? The machine recognized it was there and it is new. Maybe it's preformatted? If not, what do I do? Also, do you turn the machine off first to remove SD card or is it fine to remove it anytime you are not doing therapy?

Second, what setting should I use (or should I even set it at this point) for the EPR? I have my pressure set a 4 and 20 because I won't know what the titration results will be for a couple of weeks (titration is set for tomorrow).

I plan to run this tonight - I am desperate to be able to get more sleep, which is why I bought a used unit rather than wait. These headaches are incredibly pounding now and the dry eye meds aren't keeping up.

The S9 will format the card if it thinks it needs to do that. So you should be all set.

Turn the machine off first. Then give it a few seconds to quit thinking about stuff before you remove the card.

Bottom pressure of 4 is usually too low. So I would set it to 6 to begin with. I would also set the top to 12 to begin with. Then see what the results show.

If you want to use EPR, set it for 2 to begin with. Sometimes 3 gives too long a difference between inhale/exhale. But at 2, you should be fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S..... When you take the card out of the S9 set the little switch on it's side to "lock" before you poke it into your computer (if you're running Windows 8.1) Otherwise W8.1 will write a couple of files on it that the S9 gets really unhappy about. Be sure to "unlock" it before you poke it back into the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 gives me a nasty message if I insert a locked card.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2015, 11:59 AM)justMongo Wrote: My S9 gives me a nasty message if I insert a locked card.

In other words, your machine has attitude?

Thanks for the tips, Retired guy!!
Post Reply Post Reply
For a DIY, it's important to get the software loaded up immediately. There are a number of people here who would gladly put in their $0.02 if you put up screen shots of your results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mosquitobait,
Good luck with the new machine, CONGRATULATIONS.!
Hope the titration goes well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine! I agree with the min 6, although don't be afraid to bump it up to 6.5 or 7 if you feel starved for air.
Don't forget the humidity and temperature settings. And many of us make sure Ramp is turned "off"!

You will probably not have a good night, even though you reallllly want to with the new machine. That's ok, your brain and body will take time to adjust to the mask and hose. I just posted to another newbie about getting used to the mask. It. takes. time.

In the meantime we'll be here to help you find your sweet spot of settings.

Best wishes for sweet dreams!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I slept ok the first half of the night. Then there was some odor which I couldn't identify coming through the tube, so I shut it off about 3 a.m. Since my sense of smell is permanently screwed up, I can't identify WHAT the odor is. I seem to recall reading about it somewhere here on the forum, but not sure.

Had some trouble with reading my SD card. Seems it corrupted. Put it back into the Cpap and brought it back and all was well. Have to take family member to appointment so will check it out later. Thanks all!
Post Reply Post Reply
You probably already have done this but if not I would clean the parts. DME suggests 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts water. Let sit for 20-30 minutes, wash/rinse and let air dry.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 95 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,524 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 515 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 728 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.