Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie's used unit arrived. Need some advice.
RE: Newbie's used unit arrived. Need some advice.
Can't view that attachment for some reason. Is the time set right on the machine?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You're numbers look good Mosquie. I do think you might benefit from increasing your minimum pressure to 5 (maybe even 6, but wait a few days for that). That will allow better air flow, a tighter overall range, and I think more comfort. Your exhale pressure will still be at 4 because with EPR on that's as low as it will go. But your overall therapy numbers look right on.

As to the nosie soreness? Is it pressure, as in the masks are too tight? Or is it from rubbing a little? The rubbing stuff -and in a way the pressure stuff can be helped with the use of a little smidgeon of HPA Lanolin cream applied to each nostril when you mask up. You get that stuff in the "Baby" department at your local pharmacy type store. If the problem is pressure that might allow you to loosen the straps just enough to resolve the problem. If it's abrasive, it'll stop that silliness.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 11:16 AM)retired_guy Wrote: You're numbers look good Mosquie. I do think you might benefit from increasing your minimum pressure to 5 (maybe even 6, but wait a few days for that). That will allow better air flow, a tighter overall range, and I think more comfort. Your exhale pressure will still be at 4 because with EPR on that's as low as it will go. But your overall therapy numbers look right on.

As to the nosie soreness? Is it pressure, as in the masks are too tight? Or is it from rubbing a little? The rubbing stuff -and in a way the pressure stuff can be helped with the use of a little smidgeon of HPA Lanolin cream applied to each nostril when you mask up. You get that stuff in the "Baby" department at your local pharmacy type store. If the problem is pressure that might allow you to loosen the straps just enough to resolve the problem. If it's abrasive, it'll stop that silliness.

I'm confused. I have my minimum pressure already set to 6. Are you looking at Mask pressure which I think is a different value and I don't know what that means . I will try some of that cream tonight to see if that doesn't help.

(05-27-2015, 09:46 AM)AlanE Wrote: Can't view that attachment for some reason. Is the time set right on the machine?

Don't know why you can't get attachment to work. The time on the machine is correct but the top graph is a different timescale from the rest of the graphs . This was to leave out the nap time. Unfortunately I woke up very early this morning , consequently I'm tired now and it's only noon .
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 12:04 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I'm confused. I have my minimum pressure already set to 6. Are you looking at Mask pressure which I think is a different value and I don't know what that means . I will try some of that cream tonight to see if that doesn't help.

Your attachment indicated your minimum pressure was 4.3. I think that could be raised a bit. Perhaps you're still using "ramp," and that's what is causing the lower min pressure (less than 6.) Just double check and see what would be causing the minimum to be that low. Then yes, if you're already used to 6, then set it to that. If it's because ramp is on, turn it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that raising minimum pressure to 5 or 6 would be beneficial. The concern about raising pressure in the eyes is not something I can comment on. Studies have related increases in interocular pressure with CPAP therapy. If you have vision loss related to interocular pressure, you need to consult with your ophthalmologist, so he can monitor any changes. An increase in minimum pressure should not have any effect because you don't actually spend any appreciable time at the minimum pressure, and it would seem logical that the concern is peak pressure and its affect. This is a unique problem I have not heard of before, and your concerns may be valid. I'd look into it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18326715
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 12:37 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:04 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I'm confused. I have my minimum pressure already set to 6. Are you looking at Mask pressure which I think is a different value and I don't know what that means . I will try some of that cream tonight to see if that doesn't help.

Your attachment indicated your minimum pressure was 4.3. I think that could be raised a bit. Perhaps you're still using "ramp," and that's what is causing the lower min pressure (less than 6.) Just double check and see what would be causing the minimum to be that low. Then yes, if you're already used to 6, then set it to that. If it's because ramp is on, turn it off.

It looks to me like Mosquitobait has the minimum pressure set to 6 with an EPR of 2 and maybe there is a ramp going on too.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the update. I saw the physicians assistant instead of the doctor to go over the titration and settings. I'm not the only one to go out and buy a used machine, but she was surprised how knowledgeable I was (thanks everybody!). Thanks

Anyway, even though the doctor ordered a straight pressure of 11, she looked at my data and I'm getting better results with the auto than I would with the straight, so we're going with 8-12 (was set at 6.4-12.2). Plus, I get the Airsense For Her, which is the machine I wanted given the RERAs.:grin: How long it takes to get the machine? - well, I figure a month (Medicare/Lincare). Dielaughing She also told me not to count on the bradycardia to improve despite the cpap. I was bummed, but I can just hope it doesn't worsen. Don't really want a pacemaker if I can avoid it.

I really like the Swift FX, but I'm having some trouble now with the pillows sortof collapsing on one side. I'm not sure if I was sleeping on my side or my back when it happens, but I am waking up as a result. I'm going to try the smaller pillows (I'm using medium now), but perhaps someone else has had this problem and has a better solution? I have found that the back headstrap tends to drift up and I've tried to use my hair (which is cut short) to anchor it. I suspect this may be the cause, but no idea how to fix that. Here's my current chart. Yes, these are not big leaks, but I had almost no leaks until the past 2 days. Up until now, I have had very good luck with the mediums. Just one night I woke up with a bit of a sore nose, but my leaks have been brief.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mosquitobait, that is excellent!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing left to do here............ OP has graduated with honors.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jealous of those numbers Smile Good going!
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 90 Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,520 Yesterday, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 511 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 722 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.