Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie - sleeping so much!
Newbie - sleeping so much!
Hi! I am new here and new to the whole CSA thing. I was diagnosed with CSA in March and I finally got my CPAP (ResMed AirSense 10) in April. I have been using the machine for almost 2 weeks now. I use it every night, full night and do not take it off in the morning until I am ready to get up. My EPH is down to 0.3-0.8 from 17, which I think is great. I like the prong nose pillow the best, but my nose may not agree. It is still getting used to it. Overall, I think I am doing much better. There was no WOW moment at all, but I would say I am feeling refreshed and not as sleepy during the day. 

My question is, I sleep with the machine anywhere 8-10 hours per night, with 9hr being the average and I do not see any need to sleep for less time yet. I am thinking I may be "catching up" on all the missed sleep... Has anyone else experienced this? How long did it take you to get to a "normal" sleeping amounts? Maybe this is my normal and I didn't' know it? 

I will be seeing my sleep Dr at the end of May, but I wanted to see what others experienced. 

Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 15 1 hour ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 131 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.