Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie so confused between 2 machines
Newbie so confused between 2 machines
Hi All,

I am so undecided between the two machines. I have read so much and now confused myself.

MY insurance covers both models that I am interested in, thanks to loads of searching and boards and comments.

Airsense 10 auto versus Dreamstation.

I don't travel that much, when I do I can use this mouthpiece that I got from the first sleep clinic, hurts but does the trick in a pinch.

I just found this forum and thought I wold get some feedback from users of both and then decide and go pick it up Friday.

Thanks for rehashing what I am sure has been written already....but this way I can keep up with the comments.

Thanks ahead of time for your comments and suggestions.

Marc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie so confused between 2 machines
Welcome

The two machines you've picked are the market leaders; you can't go wrong with either one. I use the System One Auto, which works very well for me and is one generation back from the Dreamstation Auto.

You can certainly use the mask from the sleep lab as a backup. Any mask works with any machine. You'll also want to think about getting a set of spare supplies the first chance you get, to be prepared when your mask, hose, humidifier chamber, etc. break or wear out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your answer....I have alot to learn regardless of machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Matzaball2016,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Both of the brands of machines you mentioned are comparable, whichever one you pick is good.
Good luck to you as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Those two machines are both excellent, but use different algorithms to treat your breathing. See if your equipment suppliers will let you try a loaner machine of each for a week or so to see which you prefer. If you can't tell, flip a coin. You really can't go far wrong with either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have decide on the Dream-station 500 model.

Hope its everything it states.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some differences between the two machines. The Resmed responds faster to obstructive apnea precursors, so it can be run at a lower pressure, and still stop apnea. If you prefer to run at a more constant pressure that is not an advantage. The Resmed offers an exhale pressure relief that provides up to 3-cm of pressure reduction through the exhale period. The Dreamstation uses A-Flex which offers a pressure relief of up to 2-cm at the beginning of exhalation, but returns to full pressure before exhale is complete. It's a personal matter which one you prefer, but I think the Resmed is more versatile. I have used both Respironics and Resmed, and prefer Resmed in the APAP and Respironics in the BiPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, there is also the data available at a glance on the screens with or without pushing buttons to access. I'll be making that decision myself in January and will most likely stick with the Resmed now that it doesn't dump the data older than 7 days.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeez, you guys make it hard....LOL

Just when I thought I liked the dream, I see how much you guys like the Airsense 10 auto.

I am so new to this.

I am approved for either one. So maybe go with the more expensive one..LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the deal. My wife just had a sleep study and titration. I will do everything I can to ensure she gets a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (maybe For Her), rather than any alternative out there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 205 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 488 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.