Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie so confused between 2 machines
RE: Newbie so confused between 2 machines
Thanks...I am going to get it. I am sure I will love it.

Are there any extra you would buy that is not included the case.Thanks

BigwinkBigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the heated climateline hose. BTW, the case is a very nice airline carry-on that fits on the handle of your rolling carry-on or checked luggage. I highly recommend getting a fleece hose cover, especially one with a full concealed zipper. It makes contact with the hose a warm, soft experience, rather than the plastic snake. Mask wipes are an odorless cleaning wipe that is good for daily use and won't leave your mask wet. You can do complete cleaning weekly and use the wipes and call it good.

The machine is nearly silent, but if you really want to make it disappear, consider a bedside stand with drawers. I cut a 2-inch hole in the back of this, and feed the hose to a support on the headboard. Everything disappears during the day.

[Image: EF17842A-98BD-4EE5-9398-4742D51CFD9D.jpg]

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love it.

I will do the same.....I did see a hose stand that could keep the hose hanging straight up.

Thanks for the awesome idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSense 10 AutoSet is an excellent choice, I've been using one since came out late 2014
As pointed out by Sleeprider, AutoSet for Her is preferable but not the end of the world getting the regular AutoSet
Ensure getting the most recent model with latest firmware version, I'm not sure what that will be as my machine getting on a bit, made in 2014
The 3rd and 4th numbers of the serial number tell us the year of manufacture, e.g 16 = 2016
The 1st and 2nd numbers tells us country of manufacture, e,g 22 = Australia and 23 = Singapore
In scheme of things, mask choice is important, having the right mask is the key to a wonderful successful therapy
Best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
It's official. I am picking up the Resmed Auto with Heated tube and accessories on Tuesday.

The nightmare is over. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I have my new machine as of 2 hours ago. I went thru the 1 hr training and ready to get started.

Question for you experts.

1) Are you on auto-ship on supplies?? nose pillows, tubes, filters? If so what company do you use

2) Distilled water is a must?? or can I use filtered water with my regular home zerowater system?

3) Do I really need a new heated hose every 3 months?

4) Is anyone in the VIP program for supplies?

I downloaded the APP and will use it tonight for some results.

Thanks .
Post Reply Post Reply
I am starting my third week using a cpap machine and the one I am using for the 30 day trial is the Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet for her and I absolutely love it. I just went in to chat with the respiratory therapist and he was pretty impressed that I was getting an average of 9 hours a night and my apnea per hour went down to 2 from 37. I do have the heated hose and the humidifier and it is all set up on auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that in DME-land that VIP means Very Income Producing. Grin

I use distilled water and don't mind the small expense. Water will a lot of dissolved minerals in it will leave a deposit at the bottom of the tank, same as a tea kettle. You can remove that with vinegar. So the distilled water question is mostly one of cost, convenience, and the quality of your local water. I would not use water that I would not drink.

No, you don't need a new heated hose every three months. You probably don't need a new one every three years if you take care of it and your pets don't use it as a chew toy.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input.

I think they want to sell lots of supplies and bill my insurance. lol

My Sleep Therapist said take the hoses , filters, chambers and stock pile it .

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2016, 08:54 PM)Matzaball2016 Wrote: Hi All,

I have my new machine as of 2 hours ago. I went thru the 1 hr training and ready to get started.

Question for you experts.

1) Are you on auto-ship on supplies?? nose pillows, tubes, filters? If so what company do you use

My supplier requires a call. Know your allowed schedule, and get what you need, plus a backup.

2) Distilled water is a must?? or can I use filtered water with my regular home zerowater system?

The only concern is dissolved solids. I have used tap water for 9 years now without a problem.

3) Do I really need a new heated hose every 3 months?

NO. They can last for years. Get a backup, and then as needed.

4) Is anyone in the VIP program for supplies?

What? You earn points? VIP stands for good insurance or open wallet.

I downloaded the APP and will use it tonight for some results.

Good Luck!

Thanks .

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 267 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.