Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie so confused between 2 machines
RE: Newbie so confused between 2 machines
Hi Sleeprider,

You think someone could help me set up my software....a few parts are confusing.

Are there folks who I could call on the phone for a few mins??

ThanksThanks

Post Reply Post Reply
See if the following helps, and if not, ask more questions.

For both ResScan and SleepyHead, you download the data from the link.

On a Windows machine, these may be saved to a Downloads folder on your hard drive, unless you specify a different location.

On a Windows machine, use Explorer (not the browser) to navigate to where you saved your files. You should be able to find
SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2-Snapshot-Win32-OpenGL-20160422
and
31302_ResScan_5.7.zip

To install SleepyHead, right click on the file and select Run as administrator. This should let you install it properly.

To install ResScan, first right click on it and extract the files. They will be located in a folder named 31302_ResScan_5.7. Navigate into that folder, and if necessary, into a subordinate folder. Then to install it, right click on Setup.exe and select Run as Administrator.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Dream station. If for no other reasons it's more forgiving of leaks. And MUCH easier to set up back up power for.
Also does not have to have pure done wave power.
Have a Resmed and a PR 560.
PR560 hands down for the above mentioned reasons.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased the ResMed for her machine as it has one extra setting for women. I am not a woman, but I found that I liked the female setting better than the standard setting. It seems to be less harsh when correcting apnea, so I don't wake up when it spikes up the pressure. I hear that part of it is more like a Dream Station, being that it is more gentle when it comes to pressure spikes. The EPR function is really nice on the ResMed unit as well. It isn't difficult to breathe out against the flow. Both machines are really good, so it is a difficult decision. Seriously one can't go wrong with either of them. The only thing that I have had trouble with and this is the case with any CPAP. I just am not very good at cleaning the darn thing. This is important, as bad things can grow in them that you really don't want to inhale. That being said make sure you get some mild soap like Seventh Generation Natural dish soap and a really long CPAP hose brush. Some use a CPAP cleaning machine, but I have heard that those can cause the plastics in the machine to smell and degrade. I can't attest to that as I have never used one, so if anyone else has please comment on it. I wish you luck with whatever machine you choose and welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 11 221 04-10-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [CPAP] New to cpap, lost and confused Sophia 4 116 04-08-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 498 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 189 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.