Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie, so forgive me
RE: Newbie, so forgive me
I'm going to go against the grain here and say, I agree with you stopping using CPAP. This is coming from my experience as an RN. Obviously untreated apnea has negative effects health wise, but what you've got going on with your ears is a big deal.

While I agree that you likely do need CPAP to deal with the apnea (and CPAP is hands-down the most effective method of treating apnea), clearly it is making your sinus/ear/infective issues much worse. Losing hearing is huge and the risks of serious infection are no joke either.

If I were you, I would not restart CPAP treatment until the sinus issues are sorted out. It sounds like you've got a long-standing, chronic infective process going on. (just curious, have they done swabs of the discharge?)

I would try the appliance in the mean time and do all the non-invasive things to help sleep positioning. Admittedly these are not nearly as effective or beneficial as CPAP, but in your case I think the risk-benefit ratio tips in favour of conservative treatment for now. Hopefully down the road you'll be able to try CPAP again and find the machine and equipment that works for you.

Hopefully you'll stick around. I'm very curious as to how things go with both your ears and apnea. Best of luck to you! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 494 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 189 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 282 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.