Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie struggling!
RE: Newbie struggling!
Robylla, the Apnea Board attachment process requires you to first select the image and save the file. You have to take the next step to Add the Attachment on the right side of the reply dialog box. So you must 1. Add the Attachment, 2. Open or Save the attachment, and 3. Add the attachment. If you don't do the third step it won't appear.

[Image: Attach-image.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of my posts to this thread go straight to a blank screen and I am not getting the message "Thank you, your post was successful"
There is a definite blockage somewhere that doesn't like me, especially after trying to include an attachment of which instructions I have followed to the letter ........ multiple times Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2020, 09:44 PM)Robylla Wrote: Most of my posts to this thread go straight to a blank screen and I am not getting the message "Thank you, your post was successful"
There is a definite blockage somewhere that doesn't like me, especially after trying to include an attachment of which instructions I have followed to the letter ........ multiple times Thinking-about

Hi Robylla, sorry you're having issues.  I really have no idea what the issue is.   There's nothing wrong with the forum software, and if you follow the instructions it should work.  No one else is having this kind of trouble, so it's either that you're missing a step, or there's something wrong with your computer.

I know you mentioned via PM that you're not very skilled with computers, so perhaps a friend that is a bit more experienced could help you?  There's only so much we can do on our end without sitting there with you on your computer.

Hope you get this worked out soon.  Wish I could help more!   Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2020, 08:28 PM)Robylla Wrote: Thank you OpalRose
I have opened and printed out the link you sent "Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board"
The 3 files that I have saved to my computer are approx 407kb and in the .png image format.

I have taken a screenshot Attachment bar of the Oscar data screenshot I am trying to send.
I seem to be able to get to:

1. Choose File
2. The Mac version of attaching files hasn't got an "Open" button - just a "Choose File" button which then inserts the file in the New Attachment
    Bar but will not attach another file (just seems to replace the first file with the second one I choose)
3. The "add Attachment" button doesn't seem to do anything.

When I then preview or try to post, a blank screen appears and the post is not on the thread.

I have also sent myself an email and attached one of the Oscar Data screenshots which I received not as a link but as the actual image.

Update:
I have just previewed this message before I send it and the attachment is not showing up.

If this doesn't show up on the original thread, I will try posting a new thread "Newbie Struggling 2"

Robylla Thanks

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Scroll all the way down to bottom of page where you see Attachments.

1.  Click on button "Choose File"
2.  Click on "Add attachment"
3.  Click on "Insert into Post."

You must repeat steps 1,2,3 for each attachment separately.

Preview post and attachments, if ok, click on "Post Reply"

Note:  I just tried this and it works fine.  Follow the steps for each attachment. I believe you are leaving out step 3.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
HI Sleeprider
Hopefully I have found an answer. I installed Oscar but missed a couple of steps (had to have it moved into the Applications folder and be authorised by the computer administrator) Have just done that so will now try again to attach the Oscar data screenshot to a message.

Moral of the story ...... READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ..... all of them!!!! My sister who owns the computer and is the administrator told me that I am hopeless with instructions and passwords  - she is right!!!

Hopefully will now be sorted.

Thank you so much for your help AND patience

Robylla
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem...looking forward to seeing your chart and helping.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 466 11 hours ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 87 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 111 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Struggling with settings touwmus 0 109 04-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: touwmus
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 501 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.