Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie to CPAP long term sleep apnea
RE: Newbie to CPAP long term sleep apnea
(06-25-2015, 08:03 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 10:10 PM)Oscargrchy Wrote: (allergy season isn't helping)

Blowing-nose Woke up at around 11pm to take my allergy pill. Thought I could make the night without it.

I also thought I could make the night without my allergy pill. Although I live in the Midwest, it seems the pollen season just never ends here. I have found that my cpap numbers are better with the allergy pill than without it.

Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='AlanE' pid='119338' dateline='1435236945']
Unless you have to deal with the RT, just cut him loose. With a prescription on file at a supplier you can order through them. I believe suppliers, like #26, include HCPCS Insurance Codes for insurance reimbursement if you have insurance and if insurance covers that item and if they allow you to submit for reimbursement. Lots of Ifs Smile Check with your insurance first.

We just have basic provincial Medical which doesn't cover it at all so we will be paying for it out of pocket. That is why I got the prescription, the over 100% markup of the RT over the supplier Thanks .
Post Reply Post Reply

Blowing-nose Woke up at around 11pm to take my allergy pill. Thought I could make the night without it.
[/quote]

I also thought I could make the night without my allergy pill. Although I live in the Midwest, it seems the pollen season just never ends here. I have found that my cpap numbers are better with the allergy pill than without it.
[/quote]

Lolabove last night for the first time I took allergy pill since I can't take them very often because right now I have an intolerance of them where they trigger asthma attack and migraines so to prevent them from developing into a full blown allergy it is a balancing act. This is the first morning I felt like I slept enough in forever! Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
"We just have basic provincial Medical which doesn't cover it at all so we will be paying for it out of pocket. "

You don't mention which province yu are in. In Ontario the Assitive Devices Program pays ay least part of the cost of a machine, if not the masks and consumables.
Fortunately my insurance covered the rest for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry pholynyk I thought it was in my bio, I am in BC. Oops and even though it is physician ordered you pay all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2015, 11:17 PM)Oscargrchy Wrote: Sorry pholynyk I thought it was in my bio, I am in BC. Oops and even though it is physician ordered you pay all.

We pay all in Alberta too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much it has been awhile since I posted but a lot has happened..... I bought the machine from a supplier instead of the RT and he told me I was on my own for programming it just return his machine when mine arrives. Thanks especially to AlanE and quiescence at last but so many others that encouraged and gave me advice I was able to just say fine. When I returned the machine I had written a two page letter of what I had expected and the service I had actually received thinking I wouldn't be dealing with that office again LOL it was polite and factual but I am a wimp at times. So I gave the machine and the letter to the receptionist and told her why I was returning the machine and that I had a bad experience there. I told her I had programed the machine myself like he said I wad to. She was so awesome, apologetic and said if I wanted to get it checked she could set me up with another RT, apparently he should have told me there is a fee if they program a personal machine not bought there. It was a very reasonable fee so I did set it up with an RT I hadn't dealt with. She also explained that they charge for programing because BC medical doesn't cover anything so you either have to have extended or pay for it out of pocket. I said, I didn't know but that was fine I understand because it is the same with physio or an ophthalmologist. Today I met with her and thank you apnea forum I had set it properly she just taught me how to change settings for the hose and such that I hadn't checked into. Oh yes I forgot to mention I got a phone call from the manager of the clinic apparently the receptionist passed the letter on to her and told her that I was giving them a second chance. The manager apologized profusely and insisted that the programing of my machine would be free even though I kept telling her it wasn't necessary. Thank all for giving me the confidence to stand up for myself, I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow that's good to hear and at least it sounds like you are in control of your own therapy.

In Victoria when I was loaned my trial CPAP machine every time I went back to the RT office I saw a different RT. It gave me the impression that there aren't enough RTs to meet the demand in BC.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(07-08-2015, 11:32 PM)Beans Wrote: Wow that's good to hear and at least it sounds like you are in control of your own therapy.

In Victoria when I was loaned my trial CPAP machine every time I went back to the RT office I saw a different RT. It gave me the impression that there aren't enough RTs to meet the demand in BC.

Thanks Thank you yes it is awesome with the support of this board I was able to go from totally overwhelmed to in control or at least more in the know LOL. It has been a steep learning curve but the support from hear has totally made the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2015, 10:57 PM)Oscargrchy Wrote: Thank you so much it has been awhile since I posted but a lot has happened..... I bought the machine from a supplier instead of the RT and he told me I was on my own for programming it just return his machine when mine arrives. Thanks especially to AlanE and quiescence at last but so many others that encouraged and gave me advice I was able to just say fine. When I returned the machine I had written a two page letter of what I had expected and the service I had actually received thinking I wouldn't be dealing with that office again LOL it was polite and factual but I am a wimp at times. So I gave the machine and the letter to the receptionist and told her why I was returning the machine and that I had a bad experience there. I told her I had programed the machine myself like he said I wad to. She was so awesome, apologetic and said if I wanted to get it checked she could set me up with another RT, apparently he should have told me there is a fee if they program a personal machine not bought there. It was a very reasonable fee so I did set it up with an RT I hadn't dealt with. She also explained that they charge for programing because BC medical doesn't cover anything so you either have to have extended or pay for it out of pocket. I said, I didn't know but that was fine I understand because it is the same with physio or an ophthalmologist. Today I met with her and thank you apnea forum I had set it properly she just taught me how to change settings for the hose and such that I hadn't checked into. Oh yes I forgot to mention I got a phone call from the manager of the clinic apparently the receptionist passed the letter on to her and told her that I was giving them a second chance. The manager apologized profusely and insisted that the programing of my machine would be free even though I kept telling her it wasn't necessary. Thank all for giving me the confidence to stand up for myself, I really appreciate it.

Friendly advice-

Might I suggest that you break up long paragraphs in future?

Some people will simply pass over reading it or will start reading it and will either have to force themselves to get through it, give up on reading it, lose interest, get lost, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 371 9 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 214 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 607 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 284 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.