Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie to CPAP long term sleep apnea
RE: Newbie to CPAP long term sleep apnea
(06-21-2015, 11:30 AM)Oscargrchy Wrote: Wow, thank you all so much. I feel like crying right now but from relief and not frustration. I feel more informed and so very thankful for all of your information. AlanE the picture was awesome because other than colour that is the machine I had and was thinking you were talking about the home button and the power button on top. I have the manual with the machine but the way I was feeling was just wanting to quit the whole thing. As for the RT pulling my license, no he can't but he was threatening to get the doctor too if I didn't just blindly do what he was telling me.
THANK YOU again so much all who replied especially AlanE and quiescence at last Smile

I can't take the credit for the picture. That's all Apneaboard dot com. Smile

If your machine is the lighter color you have the "for her" version. It's a better machine since it records RERA. (Respiratory Event Related Arousal).

Hang in there, plenty of folks with years more smarts than I are willing to help.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi quiescence at last and AlanE, I finally remembered to get the numbers you guys mentioned. For last night it said:
Events per hr (AHI) .8
Pressure 11.6
Leak 7 L/min
Then under more information it said'
AHI .6
Total AI .4
Central AI .3
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks mighty nice, Ossie!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers look mighty nice but do not indicate how her 02 fares at the settings. 02 sats/desats should not be ignored.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine you do, and the advice you've been given is right on target. Accessing the "clinical menu" is easy and will allow you to see your settings and the basic results of your therapy. Even better is to install SleepyHead on your computer and download the detailed therapy results every day. There are threads here that explain clearly how to do that and what the data means.

I've had only 11 nights of CPAP therapy, so I'm a complete rookie, but the information and support I've received here has been invaluable. You've come to a great place, with many helpful and experienced people.

Good luck -- you've got lots of support here.
Post Reply Post Reply
and when they give you your keeper machine, try to get the same one as you are using now Smile

your numbers are looking good... i wouldnt expect to see any desats without events that cause them. are you feeling better?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2015, 03:14 PM)Oscargrchy Wrote: I think that is the biggest challenge, I am just feeling bullied ...

Well, that just breaks my heart. The best step you have made it to get xPAP treatment, and the second best step you have made is to come here, because this community will fill in all the gaps that happen in the medical and DME realm for you. You will be in good hands here.

Folks here seem to be very caring, and want to help, so rather than feel bullied, let us help you start to feel empowered instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for all for your reassurance and guidance. Even though I started this when I was only a week into the trial and feeling so helpless I was considering not even finishing the trial but less than a week later I feel empowered enough to continue with the cpap and be willing to do it without the respiratory therapist if he continues to bully. I actually went to my family physician and let her know what has happened and ask her if she really thought I needed the machine. She was not thrilled with his threatening me but she wants me to keep on the CPAP so she wrote me a prescription so I could buy the machine away from the RT since I can buy it online for half price of what he is charging. So even though I don't feel better (allergy season isn't helping) yet I am going to finish the month trial and then buy the machine. I figure on here I will find out any info I need help programing LOL . Thank you I have accepted the fact I am now a hoser Wink and I will learn how to sleep with the machine~
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you have to deal with the RT, just cut him loose. With a prescription on file at a supplier you can order through them. I believe suppliers, like #26, include HCPCS Insurance Codes for insurance reimbursement if you have insurance and if insurance covers that item and if they allow you to submit for reimbursement. Lots of Ifs Smile Check with your insurance first.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2015, 10:10 PM)Oscargrchy Wrote: (allergy season isn't helping)

Blowing-nose Woke up at around 11pm to take my allergy pill. Thought I could make the night without it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 241 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 132 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.