Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie to the Board ... New Machine (I hope) ...
RE: Newbie to the Board ... New Machine (I hope) ...
Most places will accept that as a prescription, or any physician can write a prescription from that information and recommendation. Well done, you have no idea how valuable it will be to have these records in your possession!

The recommendation will work for either fixed or auto CPAP E0601, or for a fixed bilevel E0470 or auto bilevel E0471. This should work to obtain a rental, although you can have any physician, including one that works with the DME write a prescription on the basis of this information. The CPAP titration indicates an effective pressure of 8 cm, but that would not preclude the use of auto CPAP or even a bilevel machine, even though there is no information on pressure support for bilevel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was trying to choose between ResMed Airsense 10 Elite and Dreamstation.  I went with the Airsense because it recorded better data.  So far I have been pleased with it.  It's much smaller than my previous CPAP and it transfers data to a wireless app that is very easy to use and track.

Scott
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2017, 02:48 PM)scottdooley Wrote: I was trying to choose between ResMed Airsense 10 Elite and Dreamstation.  I went with the Airsense because it recorded better data.  So far I have been pleased with it.  It's much smaller than my previous CPAP and it transfers data to a wireless app that is very easy to use and track.

Scott

Scott, you might want to revise your profile to show the Elite model.  The Airsense 10 CPAP does not provide efficacy data.  Welcome and congrats on the new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE.

I called a provider who accepted my sleep study as appropriate for a rental. I received the rental unit, a ResMed S9 (APAP), today!

More in the next few days. My work schedule has changed a bit (I've been assigned to a new customer) and my schedule has been hectic as a result. I hope to download Sleepyhead ... and my laptop has an SD card reader ... so, more later.

Cheers-
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the Resmed S9 was apparently a success. Sleepyhead chart on Imgur here.

[Image: 8EnEWiv.png]

Observations:

1. The time hack is off, I went to bed around 2300h (eastern) ... I set my Sleepyhead profile to eastern time, so I'm guessing the Resmed unit is off. Is there a way to set the time on the Resmed unit?

2. The Resmed unit is set to CPAP mode. While it apparently works fine (AHI score was quite low), I'm wondering if APAP would be a better therapy mode?

3. Since AHI is so low, I'm guessing the pressure setting of 8 appears "optimal" ...?

I look forward to the opinions of those with more experience/expertise.

Cheers-
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure looks good to me. I don't see anything to improve here other than a little bit of mouth leak at 21:00. Congrats!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider:
In my impatience, I started another thread. I apologize if that was inappropriate or insulting.

My 2nd Sleepyhead chart (posted on that thread) shows quite a bit of "leakage" that is probably mouth-breathing.

I need to get a chin strap, or try a different mask.

I will continue to post my charts and outcome(s) (chin strap and/or new mask) in that thread.

Any thoughts on whether I should switch to APAP mode vice "manual CPAP" ...?

Thanks for the help.

Regards-
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,321 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 484 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.